New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

How to post photos here

Old 01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How to post photos here

Note from the MCF Staff:

This thread was originally about ten pages long. Filled mostly with test posts. The info was getting pretty badly buried among all the test posts, so questions were getting asked three and four times.

I have editted the thread so that the info is easier to find. Some of the posts may seem out of context. That's because the person is replying to another post that is now hidden from view. Hope this thread can be of some help to people.

Thank you for checking us out.

The MCF Staff

[hr]

HOW TO POST PHOTOS HERE.
go to the bottom of the thread where IT says NEW REPLY not to the fast reply section.
Open the new reply link.
Once open scroll down to the section "Additional Options". You will see
ATTACH FILES. Click on "Manage Attachments" and it will bring up a small window. It will give you a choice of browsing your computer for the file, or typing in the web link to the location of your picture.
Click on the browse button. find the photo that you want and hit upload/OK

once it has done this it will display the file name and size. At this point you can upload more pics, or click "CLOSE THIS WINDOW" if you're done.
You can now type your reply in the box provided.
Once done it will show a thumbnail version of your picture in your post. Moving your mouse over the thumbnail and holding it for a couple seconds, will open the picture full size. Click the red X in the top right corner of the full size pic when you want to return to the thread.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Default RE: HOW TO POST PHOTOS HERE

What if it says that the file is too big? How do I make it smaller?

Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Hey guys... I was able to paste this picture of my Monte Carlo, but I think it might be too big! What am I doing wrong?

Old 01-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

sorry for the not replying/ for some reason it didnt email me to let me know there was a post in this thread.

ok. if it is saying it is to big.
check some stuff first.
what is the DPI of the photo your trying to get posted? If it is over 100 lower it to at least 75. do not go anythign less then 70. otehr wise the photo startes getitng real grainy and or hard ot see.

if this is not the case and is in order.
then Crop the image to a 4x5 or a 5x4 size in your choice of software.
I happen to use photoshop CS due to work i am more familuar with it. so i cant help you with paint. (havent used it for so long i dont even have it on my puter )

but for the most part if it is 5x4 4x5 or even a 4x6 6x4 size and 70 DPI up to 100DPI then you should be good to go.
to find out before you up load it.
go to threw everythign like normal but when you find the photos you wan tto load put your mouse on them and right click go to properties. and see the file size it has to be in Jpeg format and smaller then the requierd size of the site. this gose for most fourms out on the net today.

Let me know if you have any more issues . or like i said let me knwo and or email it to me and i can see about getting it to the right size for ya.
Mickey

Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Thanks Mickey. I will check the picture this weekend when I'm at home and let you know. Can you see the picture I put of my Monte Carlo in Post #3? I think it came out too big. What I was trying to do is to get a picture similar to that one but under my name on the left had side, just like the way you have yours. What am I doing wrong???

MC2K

Old 01-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i can see the photo at the bottom of your post as a Sig.
if you are trying to get it as a Avitar. then you will need ot resise it again
I beliv eit si liek 75kb's for the advitar. also just as a hint here. pick a photo that is square or crop it to be square this will allow it to be a better fit. on the the left dife of the frame.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:12 AM

since i see all these stock montes on here i thnk that i am going to put me on here later next week

Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

stock? there aint no stinkin stock montes on here!!
I can say for sure mine is not stock LOL

Old 02-25-2007, 12:03 AM

Nothing wrong with stock!![&:]

Old 02-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

Nothing wrong with stock!![&:]
your right!! and dont think there is. someone has to keep thier cars factory other wise there will be nothing we can get parts off of later LOL
kidding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to post photos here