New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello, fellow MC fans!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 11:41 AM
Default Hello, fellow MC fans!

My name Lisa, aka GreaseMonkeyGirl. I am the owner of a 2003 Monte Carlo SS High Sport 3.8l. Now, when I purchased my baby, I only had to drive her less than a block to get her home. I put on the spare, charged the battery but didn't take, then jump-starting her, I headed across the street and 2 houses down to my place. I truly didn't think she'd make it. By the time Iimped my way in my driveway, she's was losing every life blood she had; oil, tranny fluid, antifreeze. You see, she had been both neglected and mistreated by the worst possible; the dreaded tweakers. And that is where my story begins.
I have put my blood, sweat and tears into reviving her and have had her purring like a kitten and roaring like a lion. There's been ups and downs, but worth it all along. (Currently experiencing a down, but that's for another time and place).
I would like to thank you all for the help you have already given by reading past posts and look forward to chatting with you all. I have learned a lot and may be able to give out. Few tips myself!
Short story long, I'm happy to meet all of you and am excited to be a member of this community! 😎

Old 01-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Hi Lisa

Hi Lisa, and welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum!

Old 01-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Default Thank you!

Thank you! Happy to be here 😊

Old 01-21-2018, 02:06 PM

Welcome! This is the best place for help/advice.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome, hey I used to have an 03 SS High Sport! I had an all yellow one, purchase from Dad's lease when that was up. What color is yours?

Feel free to be a part of the members' blog, check it out and say hi > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...e3/#post708466

Old 01-24-2018, 08:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to MCF, Lisa! I bought an '03 SS (silver) brand new and loved it. That is until an old lady graciously ran a red light and totaled it out for me... Car only had 33K miles on it, too...

Get some pics of your ride up when you can! We love us some Monte pics...

Old 01-27-2018, 10:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello GreaseMonkey and Welcome to the MCF!

Tweekers with a Monte and you end up with it. Must have a desire for pain as your description is saying it is pretty neglected. Break out the tool box, bag of rags and don't go too broke wrenching your Monte back into shape.
Best of luck, it is okay to cuss and throw an occasional tool.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:49 PM
Default Hello Lisa

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeyGirl
My name Lisa, aka GreaseMonkeyGirl. I am the owner of a 2003 Monte Carlo SS High Sport 3.8l. Now, when I purchased my baby, I only had to drive her less than a block to get her home. I put on the spare, charged the battery but didn't take, then jump-starting her, I headed across the street and 2 houses down to my place. I truly didn't think she'd make it. By the time Iimped my way in my driveway, she's was losing every life blood she had; oil, tranny fluid, antifreeze. You see, she had been both neglected and mistreated by the worst possible; the dreaded tweakers. And that is where my story begins.
I have put my blood, sweat and tears into reviving her and have had her purring like a kitten and roaring like a lion. There's been ups and downs, but worth it all along. (Currently experiencing a down, but that's for another time and place).
I would like to thank you all for the help you have already given by reading past posts and look forward to chatting with you all. I have learned a lot and may be able to give out. Few tips myself!
Short story long, I'm happy to meet all of you and am excited to be a member of this community! 😎
Hi Lisa, I feel your pain. I drove all the way up to Indy from Nashville to get my MC. Kind of the same deal. Some kid had it that cared more about looks than how it ran. It's a miracle I made it home. Car ran at 240 degrees the entire way. Then I found out it had massive oil leaks (he said it had a "few" leaks"). New valve cover, intakes and oil pan gaskets which cost me a ton of labor. But this is a rare car, and has a lot going for it. And I didn't buy it to sell, i want to drive and enjoy it. Knocking down problems as fast as I can. Good luck to you and hope your restoration goes well. I have a thread going on mine also.