New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Charlie Carlo checking in

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Default Charlie Carlo checking in

In case you don't want to read my book of an introduction. My name is Charlie, I got a 2004 galaxy silver Monte ls from a jackleg carlot who screwed it up. I found these forums because I've had a lot of issues and they all have been answered through this forum lol you guys know more than the GM dealership here. I hope these forums aren't dead I noticed a lot of posts I read were from a Few years back.

Hey everyone, my name is Charlie and I just recently got a 2004 Monte ls. I needed a cheap cash car after I fried the electrical system in my 2010 Malibu. I found my Monte at a small carlot that did in house financing and my Monte was advertised as having new heads and all new gaskets and it was the cleanest looking car on the lot, not to mention it had a $750 slp dual catback exhaust and short ram intake so I put 1500 down and financed the other 1500. I couldn't pick it up that day I had to wait till the following monday. So when I went to pick it up I noticed that the passenger door had "**** u bitch" keyed into it and I brought it up and they said that it was there when I test drove it, and even though I had pictures from the day I test drove it that didn't show any signs of being keyed they wouldn't acknowledge it and fix it. I was irritated but it wasn't deep and I have a long history of top tier detailing and pretty nice with the orbital so I said **** it. When I left the lot from signing the papers I made it exactly 1.6 miles before the car shut off and I had to coast down a hill into an empty parking lot. I wasn't mad I figured they didn't have the battery tightened up because the only issue they said the car has is the lights would stay on sometimes when they took the key out so they disconnected the battery to keep it from draining. When I popped the hood my wiring harness was on fire in 6 different spots!!! They came and towed it back to their shop and by the end of the night they was calling me telling me to call my insurance company and file a claim for it catching fire! They assumed no responsibility at all for it and left me holding the bag since it was sold 'as is' which I could reason with that more even if I had it for 24 hours but I had just got it 5 minutes before it broke down. I called highway patrol, lawyers, the BBB and they all basically told me I was beat even though they agreed it was ****ty by law they didn't do anything wrong. I knew I didn't want to make a claim against my insurance so I was looking at shoving the car up their *** and taking the loss from all the money I put in it thus far, or repairing it. I decided I would repair it and do the work myself even though I had absolutely no clue what I was doing so I found a donor car and took the engine harness,fusebox,and pcm and between this forum and Google I managed to get it all installed, if it wasn't for this forum I would be *** out right now, but after I got it all installed the car didn't start and I immediately figured I did something wrong and screwed it up but did some more research and found that I had to program the ignition to the pcm, so after sitting in my car for 30 minutes turning the key on 10 minutes at a time it started right up! I had a few problems at first but the more I drove it the more the problem s worked out so I assume it just took some time for the pcm to learn the system. For a couple days my car was starting and running fine with the exception it kinda feels like it is missing some power(not a bunch just isnt snappy when I hit the pedal) and the lights have shut off and came back on but the engine would keep running. Now I'm worried the bcm needs replaced because I went to start the car and nothing happened and no lights came on except the CEL, even trying to jump start it. I disconnected the battery and checked it with the volt meter and it was straight so I came back to the forums and found that it is probably a bad bcm and guys were disconnecting their battery for so long and the car would start again and that's what happened with me. So hopefully after I replace the bcm and possibly the ignition my car will be straight for as long as I own it.

Anyways, I have a lot of plans for the Monte, and I figured being a part of a community of people who has a passion for them big or small would be perfect for me.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hi Charlie and welcome to the forum!!
You may find lot of help from older threads but if you have a problem you are looking to solve, it is probably best to post your problem and give as many specifics as you can about what is going on.
Wow..it sounds like you had quite the experience with that car lot!!!
All forums are slower now than they used to be due to face book but this forum is far from dead!! LOL It may take a bit to get a response sometimes but the people on this forum are full of information and support.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:57 AM

There are a lot of knowledgeable guys on this forum, in my opinion it's the best spot for Monte carlo talk on the internet. I look forward to seeing everyone's cars and what they have done to make it theirs

Old 11-26-2016, 11:26 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

All of my info on my Montes and work I have done is on my webpage down in my signature.
I agree with your opinion about the best spot for Monte Carlo talk!!

Old 11-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Welcome Charlie, what an experience for sure. You can still file a BBB thing on them and it goes on their record.
I guess that when they said they had to wait till Monday that would have been the clue to leave them alone and not have the car.
You can also contact your State Attorney General and give them the story and if it happens enough they will file charges against them.
What State is this dealer in?
Anyway best of luck and if there is something that I am familiar with I will certainly try to help.
for now you might want to check youtube for repair information, and y9ou may want to get a set of service manuals for the car ebay is where I got mine.
Keep us informed.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome