New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Ceiling Saying Hi - New member - New car owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Smile Ceiling Saying Hi - New member - New car owner

Hello everyone,

Just picked up my first car on Sunday, a 2005 Monte Carlo. It's got a rebuilt 3400 V6 and smells like menthol cigarettes! I'm really happy to have found this forum and plan to be as active as I can on here while I learn more about my first car.

I already have a bunch of questions, and have been reading up on what I can find on here, but I figured actually joining in it all would be the best idea.

First things first, I am digging my new ride, love the way it sounds, and I am really happy with how simplistic it all looks(no massive chunks of plastic all over the place.) I do have a few issues. My brights don't stay on, my AC seems to be wonky, and I get a mild clicking in my left front brake when I use them lightly. From my research so far my MSB multiswitch something or other might be causing the brights issue, an actuator that blends the two sides of my AC might be the cause of that problem, and I am still looking into the breaks. Any direction there would be helpful, otherwise hello!

Thanks to anyone who stumbles on this to welcome me. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the god awful body soon. xD

Old 08-30-2016, 06:33 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Monte!!