New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2003 Monte Carlo security light problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Default 2003 Monte Carlo security light problems

I have a 2003 Monte Carlo. For the past few months I have been having problems with my security light going on and then there would be clicks near the glove box. After a little while, my lights would blink on and off and then the radio would show "locked" and the lights would completly turn off unless I turned them to a manual position. After a few minutes the "locked" would be gone from the radio and the lights would quit blinking. This happens after the car is on for about 15 or 20 minutes. I have checked teh fuses and they are fine. I have changed the battery and still have the problem. Has anyone had this problem or know how I can repair it myself? I have read about changing the BCM. I am taking it to the dealer on Thrusday, but I am reading that the dealers don't always know how to fix the problem and it can be very costly. Please Help!!!

Lolligirl56

Old 11-18-2008, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 2003 Monte Carlo security light problems

Never seen that EXACT problem, but lights flickering and clicking noises are usually a sign of the BCM going out. EVERYTHING in these 6th gens are computer controlled, including the lights. Light switches only tell the computer (BCM) to turn on the lights, etc. Not sure how the security system fits in with that.
Another possibility is the radio is going bad, or IS bad, as the security system is controlled through the radio. And with the radio giving you problems, that's a possibility. Might just be a loose connection somewhere.
Lights flickering to me is a sure fire sign the BCM is bad, as the radio has nothing to do with that, I don't think.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Mine has the same problems and locks me out, won't start. It happens constantly I am try to unload the piece of sh...