New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

05 ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 01:54 AM
1 Year Member
Smile 05 ss

i just got an 05 Monte Carlo SS Joe Gibbs performance edition
my name is Nathan. im 30 and i live in Colorado.

im intrigued to see where this car will take me and what it can do.
i don't know if the joe gibbs performance means anything. Google search for the last 20 mins didn't give me anything.

well thank you and i look forward to all the forum knowledge to be had

Last edited by 05mcSS; 10-23-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome tot he forum Nathan. I am not familiar with the Joe Gibbs edition but if it is an SS then it is superchrged. Post a picture if you can, I am interested in seeing it.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is your car aTony Stewart Edition?

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo news, pictures, specifications, and information

TweetChevrolet Announces Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo

Chevy's 10th Racing-Themed Production Car Will Be Available In Early 2005

Chevrolet will pay tribute to one of NASCAR's recent champions wîth the introduction of the 2005 Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo. The limited edition vehicle is the 10th NASCAR-inspired Monte Carlo that Chevrolet has created over the last five years.

'We are delighted to announce the latest edition to the Signature Series Monte Carlo line as an on-going effort to recognize NASCAR and Chevy's past and present driving stars,' said Jim Campbell, director of car marketing for Chevrolet. 'The Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo is a perfect way to honor Tony's success on and off the race track.'

The Tony Stewart Signature Series will be a black supercharged Monte Carlo built wîth many elements of Stewart's No. 20 Home Depot Chevrolet subtly incorporated into the vehicle.

The exterior of the vehicle is modeled closely after Stewart's night race paint scheme wîth an all black body complimented by Stewart's signature displayed on the sail panel and No. 20 graphics and Home Depot orange accents prominently lining the bottom trim of the vehicle. A Joe Gibbs Racing signature badge is also displayed on the rear decklid. The attention to custom detailing is also prevalent within the interior of the Monte Carlo wîth Stewart's signature embroidered on the head restraints, displayed on the door sill plates and positioned within the gauge cluster. The gauge cluster also contains orange-outlined white numerals in the same typeface as exterior graphics and Stewart's signature while both front seats are accented wîth orange French seams.

Beyond a unique design concept, the Monte Carlo maintains its powerful supercharged 3800 V6 engine, delivering 240 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft of torque. Other features include a heavy-duty four speed automatic transmission, sport front bucket seats wîth Ebony leather seating surfaces, a racing-inspired grill and 17-inch black-accented diamond-cut cast aluminum wheels.

A total of 1,020 units of the Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo will be available later this year. Pricing has not yet been announced.

'I am honored to be recognized as a part of an elite group of Chevrolet drivers and NASCAR champions,' said Tony Stewart. 'The Signature Series Monte Carlo is a unique way to promote the sport of NASCAR while also raising money for many important charities through The Tony Stewart Foundation.'

Chevrolet will make a donation from the sale of the Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo to The Tony Stewart Foundation, a private, non-profit corporation which focuses on raising and donating funds to help care for chronically ill children, drivers injured in motorsport activities and to help other charitable organizations.

The Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo is the 10th NASCAR-themed vehicle Chevrolet has produced over the last five years. Five Signature Series Monte Carlos and five Pace Car replicas have been offered as a unique way for racing fans to connect wîth their favorite Chevy race cars and drivers.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Thumbs up >Welcome<

Hi `Nathan & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.

We look forward to seeing pictures & reading all our your Monte Carlo

How's life in Colorado ? Do you like living & driving your Monte Carlo there ? I think it's a beautiful state, but I've only visited it on the `web.

Explore the MCF & EnJoy

Wish you safe & happy miles in your Monte

Old 10-23-2014, 11:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome!

Old 10-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 10-23-2014, 08:16 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site

Old 10-31-2014, 03:46 PM
1 Year Member

heres a pic of the beauty under the hood
pacesetter headers
k&n cone filter
3.2 pulley
ecm flash
cat and resonator delete aka "LOUD!"
****ty hid install that ive been trying to remove

Attached Thumbnails 05 ss-photo-3.jpg  
Old 10-31-2014, 03:52 PM
1 Year Member

i plan on removing all the tony stewart decals except for the head rest on the seats.
my heated seat doesn't work but the pass works GREAT!!! lol
also my blend door actuator is fudged
fog lights are also fudged
plan on adding glasspack of some kind to tone it down. i want more of a sleeper stance

Old 10-31-2014, 03:55 PM
1 Year Member

oh and Thank you for the welcome!!