NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Silly Season/Nationwide and Cup

Old 01-06-2015, 11:25 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Silly Season/Nationwide and Cup

Anyone seen all the stories this year?

Kurt Busch may be facing charges for assaulting his ex-girlfriend during the race weekend in Dover...

Along with picking up Elliott Sadler, Roush-Fenway's now XFINITY racing program will also have Bubba Wallace in the 6 car! So that gives them...

1) Elliott Sadler
6) Bubba Wallace
16) Ryan Reed
60) Chris BUESCHER (Long time fans of this league know I like screaming BUESCHER!!!)

I admit, if we run some Nationwide races this year, I look forward to racing with that lineup, especially at Daytona and Talladega...

But can all that second rate talent (Sadler) and that young, developing talent (Wallace, BUESCHER!) do anything with that obviously struggling Roush-Fenway program?

Dale Goonyer was good all year last year, but half his pet crew left this year to join the new #19 crew of Carly Edwards. Plus, there is that new guy, Greg Ives, leading the team...

Speaking of Greg Ives, can Chase Elliott win another championship in that XFINITY (Or hwatever in deuces it's called now) without him?

PLUS, on top of all that, the Cup cars get a new rules package. I call them Cup cars now since Sprint already said ti won't sponsor the series past 2016.

PLUSSSSSs....... anyone interested in running the 24 Hours of Daytona for fantasy like we did last year? I think it was like 3-4 of us.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That Kurt Busch thing will probably be a bigger story before it goes away. I'm trying not to pre-judge anything and I'm not the type to usually give a crap about the personal lives of celebrities anyways.

I have no idea why Roush would actually be expanding his XFINITY program to 4 teams. They suck too bad! I think Elliot Sadler is a smelly idiot (my little nickname for him - not nice) and Ryan Reed hasn't shown me any reason to think different of him. Chris Buescher might be okay - he's been resilient. I am a big fan of Bubba Wallace and he was who I was usually cheering for during truck races last year. I'm glad Ford lured him away from the Toyota's, but I'm not sure it was a great career move. It's too bad they (Ford) didn't get him a year sooner. I thought he'd be a good fit for the #9 RPM Sprint Cup team. I know Bubba hasn't a lot of experience, but he had pretty good success in the Nationwide series a few years ago before JGR started mis-using him. And he is very marketable. He has a future in NASCAR and I don't think Hornish does. Hornish is what -- something like a 5 time failure?!?

I am eager to see what happens with Jr/ Chase/ Greg Ives. There's no real proof yet that he wasn't all the magic behind the start-up success of the #9 Nationwide team.

I'll have Rolex 24 picks. I may not know who they are and I probably won't watch anything, but I'll play anyways

Old 01-07-2015, 12:38 PM

5 Year Member

Hey BRent, remmeber earlier in the year one time, you said Dale Goonyer didn't run as well when he drove the Diet Dew car?

Remmeber in years past, I said Carl Edwards never ran well with the Subway paint job, and later on, never ran as well with Fastenal as he did with other special paint schemes?

Someone has done some research and actually proved there seems to be something to this paint scheme business....

Breakdown: How four drivers perform by paint scheme | NASCAR.com

Old 01-07-2015, 05:47 PM

15 Year Member

Definitely some interesting stuff - well... sort of. It's sort of random too. But clearly Jr doesn't do well in green - 19.3 average finish (and that average is worse when you add in the 30th is the Diet Dew/ Dale call scheme). It goes back through previous years too. Jr never won in the AMP car either (although I believe he won a Daytona Duel in one). He did finish 2nd in the MountainDew Kick Start scheme this year.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:29 AM

15 Year Member

Anyone following this Kurt Busch saga? It got nuts yesterday! Kurt testified that the ex that he allegedly assaulted, Patricia Driscoll, is actually an trained international assassin for hire! Like some kind of spy or something? Even more nutty was that neither Driscoll nor her attorney even tried to refute this. This domestic dispute case is not of the every day sort

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-14-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:12 PM

5 Year Member

My mom told me about it.... thought it was some satire magazine article.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:10 AM

5 Year Member

Someone made a video, since taken down, on how crazy this Patricia Driscoll character is....

I have a coworker who only says "I used to work for Uncle Sam traveling abroad" and that's all he'll ever say about anything. Other than when he had that job, he had a black passport instead of a blue one and once had to carry a Walther PPK and an assault rifle through airport security and got "caught." That's a funny one. Never told me anything other than that... said his wife knows where he was and his doctor knows where he went incase he gets some weird illness... and that's it. They don't know what he did.

This character is probably fired if Kurt Busch's story was ever true.....

But what no one to my knowledge has asked yet is...

HOW DOES A TRAINED SECRET AGENT ASSASIN GET HER *** KICKED IN AN RV BY A NASCAR DRIVER????

Case dismissed.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:07 PM

5 Year Member

Made a thread for Rolex 24 picks

Old 02-02-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Definitely some interesting stuff - well... sort of. It's sort of random too. But clearly Jr doesn't do well in green - 19.3 average finish (and that average is worse when you add in the 30th is the Diet Dew/ Dale call scheme). It goes back through previous years too. Jr never won in the AMP car either (although I believe he won a Daytona Duel in one). He did finish 2nd in the MountainDew Kick Start scheme this year.
jr won in the amp car. Michigan 2008, daytona duel 2008, the batman car was a diet dew car and he won in that. he was also dominating at Kansas fall race in the diet dew car when he blew a tire. i was at the race in Kansas, he was 2-7 tenths of a second faster than every car on the track every lap.

the numbers are deceiving with the green cars, but he's had some good luck in the green cars as well.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:18 PM

5 Year Member

HEre is an article that should back up what Brent was saying once about how Roush just wasn't a good guy to get along with... starting to sound like this year is his last chance to be something, looks like the team is going to fall apart soon....

Changes at Roush create new dynamic, attitude

And on a personal note, I tried my hand at gun reviews.... made a video on YouTube... check it out, might do more if I get the time and a lot of feedback.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Silly Season/Nationwide and Cup