NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Homestead/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Picks/Homestead/Sunday Afternoon

Congrats to drivernumber3 on winning Phoenix. Also, congrats to Leprechaun93 for extending his lead in the season standings. I still lead the segment standings, but it is not an insurmountable lead by any stretch of the imagination.

We're off to Homestead, and about to close the season. I'm driving solo at the moment and days at that, so I'll actually get to listen to the race as it happens instead of catching the replay on SXM NASCAR in the middle of the night. Same goes for the truck race on Friday and the Xfinity race on Saturday.

I don't have a dog in the fight for the truck championship, although it is fun seeing some of the wiley old veterans of the truck series showing up the young guns come chase time. I definitely want to see Elliott Sadler win the Xfinity chase. Not so much because he drives for Jr Motorsports and Chevy (I like JGR and Toyota as well) but because I've always liked him as a driver and would like to see him win. I'd be singing the same tune if he were still driving blue ovals.

It'll be very interesting to see whether one of the contenders actually wins the race this year. I know the last two years it's been the championship winner actually winning the race, but I don't see that continuing forever. Several drivers who are very good at Homestead are no longer in the running, so it may well be that a non-chaser wins Sunday.

I'd be curious to hear what y'all have to say on all that, especially those who follow the Xfinity or Truck series as well.

Anyway,

Carl Edwards
Kevin Harvick
Kyle Busch

Old 11-17-2016, 11:33 AM

1. #22 Joey Lagano
2. #48 Jimmie Johnson
3. #19 Carl Edwards

Old 11-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Wink

#48 Jimmie Johnson
#4 Kevin Harvick
#22 Joey Lagano

So I am thinking Jimmie really wants to get the 7 done this time.
But I think Harvick & Lagano are going to wreck it for him.
What ever it takes.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin
Brad Keselowski

Old 11-21-2016, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member

Congrats to drivernumber3 on winning Homestead!

Also, congrats to Leprechaun93 on winning the 2016 MCF Fantasy NASCAR championship! Your absolutely dominant summer really made it hard for anyone to reel you in!

I managed to win Segment 4 over a very slim margin over drivernumber3.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Concratz Lep 93 for winning buddy!