Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

Ideas for MotM-Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 03:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You've all pretty much nailed the reasons why the forum is dying slowly, even I who has been really active on the forum since i joined in 2011 just got that promotion at work and its tough to get on especially with all the car shenanigans I do all weekend, Seems like everyone is very busy or have moved on from their Monte (age!).
As for MOTM, not really sure what to do to make it more active. John had a good idea with the first 5 people to post, then again some people cant get on the forum until late in the day after work so they would miss out every time. Maybe they can have different times to post and first one gets it, like, 9am, noon, 3pm, 5pm and 9 pm, whoever posts first at those times those 5 get in it?

Old 09-24-2016, 05:41 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Maybe they can have different times to post and first one gets it, like, 9am, noon, 3pm, 5pm and 9 pm, whoever posts first at those times those 5 get in it?

Thanks Devin. That would put another competitive twist to it for sure!!! Or kind of like "We're taking the 4th caller!!" on a radio station...LOL.
To make it even more competitive, I think it could be who ever posts their pic the closest to the designated times (without posting sooner)would be the pic for that hour and it would be done 5 times on nomination day. Wow...that would be fun.
Keep the ideas coming everyone!!!

Old 09-24-2016, 08:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

good ideas being tossed around, does the calendar sell for ?
I think I'll buy a bunch and gift them to all the small shops and shade tree's I know

Last edited by shawn parker; 09-24-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

If you get one of the codes I think it is like 16-17 dollars

Old 09-28-2016, 12:06 AM

one more super great idea for the MOTM is to just give it to me one month !! haha,lol!! let me know and I will clean and detail her up real good for a pic!! ; )

Old 09-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Wow some great stuff here!!

Good reading, Like Barb indicated I promote this forum when I am out and about, Spent 234 days in the State of MO and went to 4 maybe 5 carshows and I always commented about the forum to the Monte owners I spoke with.
I feel very fortunate that everyone here is so nice.
I have what seems to be one of the most hated Montes that was ever produced the 5th Gen. I mentioned this to a couple that were 4th Gen Monte owners at the Car show in St. Louis and the guys wife said immediately (you got a 5th Gen, right?)
One of the reasons I completely de-badged it.
That way when I go to a Car Show people say what is it? Starts up a whole new conversation. One reason I will avoid taking the Car to the all Monte Carlo show.
There was only one Red one there in 2015 in Bowling Green, & I think he was there this year in Ohio. They didn't even list a Category for the 5th Gen on the Website.
I was thrilled to meet all the Monte forum members at Bowling Green, and after we took a few photo's they were thinking (that SOB does look like Dale Sr.)
I should try to welcome more of the new members (my bad on that), I will try and do better.
I try to give an opinion for some of the car issues that folks post. I have to bite my tongue sometimes when I read what the issue is, and what someone has tried to remedy it.
We have lost some folks that used to be regulars on here for what ever reason not sure.
I do know of one that was upset about something but when you have an all volunteer group you need to be patient, but when the tables are turned they are as guilty as the ones they are upset with.

Me I don't care because I realize everyone has a full time life.

One suggestion: I have no idea if it would be possible but we have a bunch of photo's in the Photo Gallery sometimes I forget to look at them.
I think when people first try this forum out they have the impression that, their photo is seen, and they might not return for a lack of interest.
Maybe if a new member photo submission to the gallery could become a (post) it may spike some additional interest.
After all they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.
I enjoy seeing other folks cars. It may also increase the volume of posts on the site too? Just a thought.
Anyway this like Barb said has become a Novel.
I do want to thank everyone on the forum for accepting me into the group. I enjoy it!

Old 09-30-2016, 03:59 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks for being here and I am glad I got to meet you!!!
unfortunately, the software for the forum will not allow a picture posted into the gallery as a post to the actual forum. I wish it did because a lot of new members will post their car in the gallery but do not do a post in the new member forum area.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:29 AM

I , We, appreciate all you guys do for this site! Its fun, and I have been helped countless amount of times from people on here! everyone is super nice and responds to post without degrading the person for their level of mechanical expertise! I appreciate that! and thank you again!!

Old 10-01-2016, 07:18 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks Claydoh. Most days go smoothly around here but then some days we have people coming on here not wanting to follow the rules or wanting to start trouble or spam bots trying to invade our forum..but the staff takes care of all that behind the scenes and we move on!! I have had members PM me or email me about something goofy going on in a thread or something not looking right. PLEASE contact a staff member if you see anything like that because we can usually take care of it fairly quickly. I want to thank those members who have done so already.
I love being here and being able to help other members. You know, I ended up finding this forum BECAUSE I was degraded on another forum for being a female and even had some PM me and tell me that women needed to stay in the kitchen!!! Oh wow..I was hot. I responded back with " I spend plenty of time in my kitchen...working on my car parts because I do not have a garage!!" Needless to say, that is the last day I ever went to that forum!! I found the MCF and I have been here ever since and have NOT ONCE been degraded or discouraged by anyone here because I am a female or because I am not a certified mechanic. But I AM certifiably crazy about my Montes!!! LOL Oppps I have written another novel,,,hahaha

Keep the ideas coming everyone!!