Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!
View Poll Results: Who is your choice for February 2017 MotM?
P343
26.67%
drivernumber3
13.33%
ZIPPY02
60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

MotM Voting: February 2017 MotM Voting

Old 01-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice entries for sure, every ones car gets it's loving however the owner sees fit. Cool we are all three into the race scene per say.

Barbara actually races her Monte on the 1/4 mile track.

Deans is set up to mimic a NASCAR legend's Monte Carlo, DE Sr.

And mine is built to road course and straight line.

Were actually getting a fair number of votes, keep it up ladies and gentlemen of the forum, every ones participation is appreciated by your fellow members.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Nice entries for sure, every ones car gets it's loving however the owner sees fit. Cool we are all three into the race scene per say.

Barbara actually races her Monte on the 1/4 mile track.

Deans is set up to mimic a NASCAR legend's Monte Carlo, DE Sr.

And mine is built to road course and straight line.

Were actually getting a fair number of votes, keep it up ladies and gentlemen of the forum, every ones participation is appreciated by your fellow members.

Kind of fun for sure, however it's like a while back a fellow 5th Gen Monte Owner told me that the 5th Gens get very little respect. Well that didn't hold true in January but this time I seem to be flying tail end Charlie, ha,ha. I am just glad that I got a couple of votes.
Now as far as the racing goes it has been a long time since I had a car that I could run in a race, but I used to have my Chevelle and Raced the 1/4 mile like Barb and then I used to drive on dirt back in the day as well. Never lost my enjoyment of racing. Today I get my but kicked on the slot car tracks by my Grand kids.
But I want to thank everybody for tolerating my BS and letting me play along.
I need to get me a Wrap that will make my 5th Gen look like a 6th or a 7th and then I will be all set.
ZIPPY every body loves the Red Car!!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Kind of fun for sure, however it's like a while back a fellow 5th Gen Monte Owner told me that the 5th Gens get very little respect. Well that didn't hold true in January but this time I seem to be flying tail end Charlie, ha,ha. I am just glad that I got a couple of votes.
Now as far as the racing goes it has been a long time since I had a car that I could run in a race, but I used to have my Chevelle and Raced the 1/4 mile like Barb and then I used to drive on dirt back in the day as well. Never lost my enjoyment of racing. Today I get my but kicked on the slot car tracks by my Grand kids.
But I want to thank everybody for tolerating my BS and letting me play along.
I need to get me a Wrap that will make my 5th Gen look like a 6th or a 7th and then I will be all set.
ZIPPY every body loves the Red Car!!
LOL, that would be something, getting a 6th gen NASCAR wrap.

I agree with you in that the respect thing was tarnished over when Chevrolet tried to cut costs and make the Lumina and Monte the same body. What were they thinking, just trying to kill off the Monte name all together even way back then?

We love your BS, don't stop I'm thinking you and Dale Sr. would have not been the same if you were not such BS'ers, yet all business when it came down to the brass tacks...

Old 02-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
LOL, that would be something, getting a 6th gen NASCAR wrap.

I agree with you in that the respect thing was tarnished over when Chevrolet tried to cut costs and make the Lumina and Monte the same body. What were they thinking, just trying to kill off the Monte name all together even way back then?

We love your BS, don't stop I'm thinking you and Dale Sr. would have not been the same if you were not such BS'ers, yet all business when it came down to the brass tacks...
It must have been the way we were brought up? But almost 3000 miles away.
A few years ago after my Dad had passed away at his visitation several of his friends made it a point to tell me how he always had a little story and sometimes he would make fiction so convincing that they thought it was a real thing.

Something like when they Changed over to the new 20 dollar bills you tell somebody the old ones are not good so they might as well just give them to you.?

Search this Thread