Monte Carlo Forums

Go Back   Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > General Forums > Monte Carlo Repair Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 AM

Trader Rating:(0)
Default window came off track!!!

so my 98 z34 monte carlos driver side window rolls up, but when it gets to the top it gets pushed outside the molding and is off its track, i have to force it into place! i took off the door panel and i coudlnt' get to the window is there anything else i can do or is it just worth taking it in to get it fixed?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM

Default RE: window came off track!!!

I'll ask my buddy in a couple hours for you, he is an auto glass man, just give me sometime.

Delta Flow 40's w/3.5" tips
Blue LED reverse lights
Blue Luminics headlights and foglights
Tinted taillights
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634879/
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Photobucket

Send a message via ICQ to scc24540 Send a message via AIM to scc24540 Send a message via Yahoo to scc24540

my 97 has the same exact problem, what has happened is that the metal track has plastic inserts that slide inside the track to make the window operate properly, the one on the front side has worn out i dont know if you can replace that 1 thing but a after market track is only 100 bucks and is simple to replace. my vote is to replace it all and dont bother with the hassle of trying to make what you have work
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM

for anyone in the future who runs into this thread...I did a little DIY that might help.
(granted, it's for a 2004 Monte...but hopefully the concepts are the same)

http://www.montecarloforum.com/m_74316/tm.htm
Old 03-07-2010, 07:30 PM

my 96 did the same thing on both sides, but the spot welds had broken so i just welded them bak up and no problems since
Old 07-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000429431519&sk=wall

On my 98 LS, when I would roll up the window, when it almost got the top, the front of the window fell forward, and had a VERY hard time getting to the top (stayed in track though). Took off the door panel...nothing was wrong, just a worn out track. So, I re greased all window tracks, both sides, and they go up and down perfectly. The driver's side still falls a little, but pick up and keeps going. So, a tip...if your windows roll up and down slowly, just grease the hell out of the tracks...you'll see a difference!

1974 Monte Carlo Landau
1997 Monte Carlo LS

CarDomain
Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 PM

yeah my window did it too, i seen the kits for only $100, so it would be a good investment. it was a real pain when i took the door panel off and had to put the window up since the motor burnt up trying to roll up all the time.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Squeegee Send a message via MSN to Squeegee Send a message via Yahoo to Squeegee

i had the same problem. while the regulator is a simple job, the rivets are a pain in the ***, i broke the drill bit trying to get them out
Old 10-20-2011, 05:25 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

my window hasnt come off track but it seem like its wobbly-ling back and forth, its really obvious when you roll it down about half way and get up to like 50mph, should i be looking at replacing the tracks?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mikerogers.design ChibiBlackSheep mikerogersdesigns ChibiBlackSheep ChibiBlackSheep thismikerogers
Send a message via AIM to ChibiBlackSheep

Please try not to bring back such OLD threads.

Also there's a good chance that a simple bolt has fallen out, or has come loose. I had to take my door panels off and retighten the bolts a few times.

Daily Driver - 2013 IOM Camaro 1LS | LFX and M6
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 AM

Tags
04, 2000, 2004, automobile, carlo, chevy, diy, fix, glassman, home, monte, slide, sticking, track, window