Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Update Tech Help???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:03 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Update Tech Help???

I tried using two of the Tech Help sections with links,only to discover the links no longer exist...
Can a mod please either reopen the thread and edit out the bad links or at least allow someone to post up a new source?
Specifically the 4T65e transmission issues.

This will help ensure that info will always be preserved and not lost. TIA.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:38 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Can you post which threads had the bad links etc? I will go see what I can do.
Unfortunately, when people post links, the system does not inform us when a link is no longer valid.
Also, when people post pictures from another site, and don't upload them to the MCF server, those pictures are frequently lost when a no longer active member discontinues their photobucket account (or similar photo hosting site.
We do not open up the tech sections for general posting so it is easier to look for specific information that way.
Please feel free to email me with info about posts that have broken links (there are ALOT) and if you have a link to additional relevant source/s, I would be glad to go take a look and replace it with a new link.
Thank you for letting us know and I will do what I can to make things better.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:21 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

In List of Common Monte Carlo Problems and Solutions,the following links are no longer working:
4T65E Common Problems
BBEngineering Impala / Monte Carlo

Not bad,just two links.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:27 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I found another link to sub for the 4T65E issues:
How Much Do You Know About The GM 4T65E Transmission?

Old 02-26-2017, 03:29 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Or even this one:
4T65E Common Problems

Old 02-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Triple edge performance has a good read on his site for common issues of the 4t65e. Also says the solution needed for repair and also describes the trans issues and tells you what is most likely the culprit of said issues. (Hard shift, no gears, etc)

Old 02-26-2017, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mr markuSS - Thanks for responding back with more information. The problem you noted is that those are links outside of MonteCarloForum.com, to other websites. Unfortunately, we have no control over when those websites make changes or even worse, shut down completely.
When possible, I can't speak for everyone, but I prefer as much of the information and the pictures get uploaded to MonteCarloForum.com with a link to the source. This way if the source changes/disappears, the knowledge and the pictures are still available on this site. Sadly, that does not always happen.

Best recommendation I can provide, if you find information that fills the gap to some of those dead links, feel free to post them in those original threads. so it is shared with others who may have been looking for the same information.