Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Rear track bar bushings - any replacement kits out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 10:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Rear track bar bushings - any replacement kits out there?

As the title suggests, I wonder if there are replacement kits to either repair or upgrade the track bar bushings in the rear of an '04 Intimidator edition.
The bars are still solid but the rubber pieces are starting to squeak something fierce. Of course, no grease fittings to help either here.
Or, is there an easy way to get some grease introduced in there to help. Could it be as simple as drilling a port, pre-threading it and adding a grease fitting?

Old 03-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

These my work as replacement performanceupgrades for you... I run their components on my whole suspension set up.

1996 - 2006 W-Body Suspension | Lateral Arms, Trailing Arms | BMR Suspension Products & Parts

Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 AM

Was having similar problem with the squeaking noise, especially in cold weather. Bought a can of spray silicone lube and doused all the bushings I could find. Noise gone - at least for now. I know this fixed nothing, but it did make the irritating sounds go away.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

If you are talking trailing arms (they are on the rear, face front to back), I upgraded mine to ones from UMI Performance with poly bushings and grease fittings. Have had them for a few years now, no issues.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member

Yea.. talking about those and the track bars.. all of them have bushings. Are they replaceable/upgradeable for all six 'bars' back there (and I don't need the sway bar bushings.. those seem fine so far)? I'm seeing some online for the trailing arms but nothing for the track bars.
Thank you.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member

Well I ended up installing some Zirk (spelling) fittings on each of the ends of the track bars as well on the trailing arms and greased the old rubber bushings until it squeezed out where the bolts were. So far, the squeaking is gone. It might be a twice yearly task to do now but no biggie anymore. Everything is accessible. Much faster to do (and less expensive) than replacing the bars altogether if everything is ok as is.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member

Well the squeaking came back and after some closer investigations, it turned out to be the sway bar links that were going bad. So, in went some new ones. So far, the rear suspension seems a lot stiffer and no squeaks (yet).