Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

New Engine and Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM
1 Year Member

Well, I partially got a fix, and yet I'm still having a rough idle and misfire code. The coil was in fact corroded, which caused a spark plug and wire to foul out. However, this is apparently not the only issue. They are testing the injectors now, then they will test drive the car again.

I am so frustrated with the amount of time this is taking. I don't mean to be a whiner, but a few more items replaced, and I may as well say that replaced everything under that hood!

Old 02-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know how you feel, I had a rough idle and misfire in my 02 SS, ( My Minion!) It turned out to be the same coil as yours. Two months later found the #1 plug and wire was bad. In the first 2 1/4 years I've owned My Minion, she must have spent 9 months or so in the shop. There was a point when I only got to drive her for a month and a half between NEEDED repairs. It was so depressing. The last thing I had to do was have the Trans rebuilt. That was August of last year. Now I have to replace the driver side ball joint. A minor repair. I have it, and I am just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can do it. IMO it has been worth every penny and bleeding knuckle I have put into it. I just recently had her check out by my Pro Mechanic at the local Pep Boys, the only ones I let work on my Minion. They said she's running great.
You got all the Major work done and now you just have to get rid of the Minor Bugs. I think you will not only be ready for the Shows, but you will place well I'm them! Good Luck!!!!!

Old 02-17-2015, 02:41 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks for the encouragement, JC! I'm looking forward to the weather warming up and getting out there to some shows. Every car has its issues...I'm just lucky mine came up in a safe way. Some people are a lot less lucky.

How's your Minion holding up this frosty winter?

Old 02-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Chis, glad to give you support. As I said in my last post I know how frustrating it can be. I too want My Minion close to show condition. She is my Daily Driver so she Will never be Perfect. And I really just want to enjoy driving a good looking car! She is doing well. Still no issues. The weather has cause me to have Pep Boys install the complete control arm. Turning tool on her in this cold is not my cup of tea. But for an Upper Middle Aged Gal, 190k miles on her, she is taking good care of me. And I try to do the same for here! What more can you do right?
You're right, all cars have there issues, it take an owner like you and I to see that despite those issues, our cars are worth taking care of. Be safe, and keep on giving he the TLC you know she wants and she will continue to make you smile!!!!!

Old 02-26-2015, 09:57 AM
1 Year Member

Once again, another problem...
The crate engine I purchased to put into the car failed a compression test. Also, I found out that the injectors need replacing. So, I guess it's yet another week or two of waiting to get my car back.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:05 AM
1 Year Member

I finally got the car back yesterday. Everything looks and feels great! It has been three long months of waiting, but now I'm ready to get it cleaned up and ready for some show-and-shines!

Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good to hear!

Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! It's nice to be back on the road with my car again!