Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Low beam Headlight Issue FIX!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 03:48 PM
1 Year Member
Thumbs up Low beam Headlight Issue FIX!!

Hello everyone. this is my first post in the problems and issues thread so i thought i would start off with a good one. Ive had a low beam headlight issue for about 6 months now. I had my DRL and High Beams. my problem was that my low beams would sometimes come on when they are turned on or it gets too dark out. But most of the time I would have to trigger them by pulling back the multifunction/Dimmer Switch. Well i didn't really worry about it that much because i could get them on when i needed too. I had just had the bcd replaced a couple months ago so there was always that suspect. It turned out not to be the headlight switch, or wiring or relays. It turned out that it was the Multi Function switch of all things. if you look at a wiring diagram, it shows that the ground side of the circuit for low beams runs through this switch then to the relay. Well I had power at the connectors so the problem wasn't the power side. I did some research on the forums and found that this could also be the problem and it was. The contacts after 13 years had finally worn out so much that it was not able to ground the headlights at all, not allowing them to come on. So there ya go. A lot of people wonder but more then likely if you have high beams and drls then it will be the multifunction switch.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Thumbs up >Thanks 4 posting/sharing<

Thanks Member BlackWidowSS for your post about solving your problem with your lights.

I always have to take problems like that to the pro's or friends that have more tech knowledge then I do.

I know most of the basic's, but don't about all the tech stuff
Today, most cars/vehicles are technical > High Tech<

I need 2 go back to Zchool 4-$ure...

I hope your experience & persistence to find the problem(s) helps other member's on the MCF. Thank `You!