Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Key Fob Fix!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Default Key Fob Fix!

Nothing is more annoying than my key fob not working worth a crap, I've noticed that its a common problem that the battery bracket inside the remote comes loose from the circuit board or comes off completely. I've tried soldering them in the past but the remotes never seem to work as well after. So one day I was watching How It's Made and it gave me a brilliant idea and it worked.

Step 1 : Preheat Your Oven to 400. F
Step 2 : Find a metal pie tin and a small weight. I found a 3/4 flange nut, it worked perfectly.
Step 3 : Take the remote all the way apart including the battery, so all you have is the green circuit board.
Step 4 : Put the circuit board in the pie tin battery side up and put the weight on top of the battery bracket.
Step 5 : Carefully put it in the oven making sure the weight stays in place, for about 30-40 min.
Step 6 : After the time is up carefully pull it out of the oven and let it sit to cool down for about 30 min. with the weight still on the battery bracket.
Step 7 : Put the remote back together and enjoy.

My remote has worked flawlessly ever since, we did try to do more than one at a time and it didn't seem to work for some reason. If it is done right the bracket will be tight against the circuit board and not sticking up like before.