Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

How to bypass ignition switch security?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Default RE: How to bypass ignition switch security?

ORIGINAL: kweef

that is exactly what the security bypass module would do...except much cheaper
Ummm no, resistor = 10 cents, bypass module $50. Resistor much much cheaper. All the bypass module is is basically a resistor in a box, it's highway robbery.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Nocturnx

Ummm no, resistor = 10 cents, bypass module $50. Resistor much much cheaper. All the bypass module is is basically a resistor in a box, it's highway robbery.
i meant the resistors was much cheaper, not the module

as for using the whole wiring harness that would mean that u have to use the pcm as well and if u need the use the pcm from a vette/caddy/whatever then u would have to reprogram the pcm because the engine/tranny/pretty much everything is different and the pcm will still treat it as a vetter/caddy/whatever

Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Gotcha, my mistake kweef. I would love to figure out how to wire in a push button starter. Although even with the security bypass I think you still need to have the key.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:02 PM

well with the DEI security bypass that i used you could actually drive the car without the key in it, u just didnt hook up the brake switch safety wire, the only thing that stops you from being able to drive is the fact that you cant put it in gear because when u hit the break it sends a signal to the security bypass...i think using the resisters would work better than the bypass module because you could actually use push buttons without rigging the remote of the remote start...the problems with using the resistors are that u have no security if the car is broken into, they push the switch, the car starts and they are gone and u have to would have to rig in a signal wire so taht when the car starts it kicks the starter off so ur starter does not grind, now u could rig a wire to the tach but u wouls have to somehow rig it so that it would shut of the switch(cycling circuit breaker maybe)...it would take a lot of wiring but if u need a visual let me know and ill draw one up

Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
I bypassed mine by measuring the resistance between the 2 wires and then soldering in a resistor. This tricks it into always seeing the correct resistance and therefore bypasses the security check. I have a guide and pictures if your interested in doing it yourself. Takes a couple hours, a multimeter, soldering iron, resistors and thats it.
could you tell me more on how to do this thank you shawn.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:31 PM

can send step by step instructions losing paitiece with this car,,thanks

Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 AM

I bypassed mine by measuring the resistance between the 2 wires and then soldering in a resistor. This tricks it into always seeing the correct resistance and therefore bypasses the security check. I have a guide and pictures if your interested in doing it yourself. Takes a couple hours, a multimeter, soldering iron, resistors and thats it.
Can you please send me your guide and pictures? I have a 2003 Monte Carlo and the dealer wants to replace the BCM and I fear that will not be the end of it. I would love to bypass the whole damn thing to begin with. Any help is appreaicated.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Default vatts 2 systems

if you have the cylinder still in the car and ablt to hook up wires..... take the vin # to chevy and for about 20 bucks they will call chicago n get toe key and vats code for u. i think that would be the easiest way. dave

Old 08-27-2010, 02:59 PM

I have a 2003 Monte Carlo SS. I have had the security light cime on when I am driving at divverent times, and at times it will not start, but then waiting or pressing the keyless entry lock and unlock buttons it would start. I am visiting parents in Tn. and I can not get it started at all I have taken all and any fuses out and cleaned them and put them back in, still wont start.I am trying the ten miniute wait but the security light is still flashing. If I can get it started one more time to get home in Ga, I have a truck to drive. I would like the instructions you have and pictures I need to be back for work Tuesday.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:05 PM

Could you please sendme the instructions and pictures as I am stranded in Tn at my parents and need to be back to work in Ga, Tuesday. 2003 monte Carlo ss did the clean all bcm and pcm fuses, diconnected and recinnected battery, waiting on the 10 min. step, taking longer than that so far. is there any way to totally unplug it?

Quick Reply: How to bypass ignition switch security?