Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Dead Battery Service Bulletin 06 and 07 Chevrolet

Old 07-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Default Dead Battery Service Bulletin 06 and 07 Chevrolet

About a month ago I had my battery go dead in my 06 SS after it sat for about 10 days.The dealer checked it out and said the battery testsd bad,and replaced it.
Last week the car sat for 4 days,and it started kind of sluggish.I hooked up my charger and it showed only 50% charged,so it was drained again. (not as bad as before though)
I took it back to the dealer yesterday and left it there for them to check out again.They had it all day and said everything is powering down normally.The tech took me out in the service bay and showed me a meter hooked up showing .02 amps,which is OK(.02 to .05 is normal for the clock and alarm system).When you open a door,it jumps up to 3.30 amps.This is from the interior lights and the computer modules waking up.When the lights went off,it dropped to around 1.2 amps,still from the computers beingawake.After 20 minutes,it dropped back to the .02 amps,which is normal.

This is where it gets good.The tech asked me if I park in the garage,which I do.Then he asked if I leave the key in the ignition,which I don't.He said sometimes the systems will stay awake if the key is left in.Then he asked if the kitchen is near where I park.Our garage is attached to the house right next to the kitchen.Then he asked if we have a microwave,and how close it was to the garage.It just happens to be right next to the garage wall,probably within 5 feet of my car.

He said GM just issued a service bulletin stating a problem with MICROWAVE OVENS turning on the computer modules in vehicles.The Monte Carlo has 11 of them by the way.Once they turn on,they will take 20 minutes or so to power down fully,thus draining the battery over time.He said the Corvettes are even more sensitive to this,but it is affecting the other models too.It is kind of like opening the door or trunk,which I saw for myself in their shop.The only difference is the interior lights don't come on.So after a weekend with everyone home and using the microwave a lot,it would put a real drain on the battery.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Default RE: Dead Battery Service Bulletin 06 and 07 Chevrolet

[align=center]Hi David, LaserBlue06SS[/align][align=center]Very interesting article and story.[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting & sharing it with [/align][align=center]the MCF members.[/align][align=center]Will you now build a anti-micro shield to[/align][align=center]protect your Monte ? Your Family ?[/align][align=center]Yourself ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Micro + Battery equals = `Weird Science [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think the MicroWave is draining my [/align][align=center]mental capacities & deleting my brain cells. [/align][align=center]Can't you tell from my post(s).[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 AM

Hahahaa.. Guess Ill have to move the monteout of the kitchen then.. The wifey will be pleased..

Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM

Maybe I can find some old lead based paint and paint the garage walls.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 AM

I guess this is what we get for wireless technology. Would be real interesting if it activated the remote start module as well.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

Maybe I can find some old lead based paint and paint the garage walls.
How about an alien abuction helmet for the Monte:

ALIEN ABDUCTEE FROM AUSTRIA WEARING A THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET SHE MADE FROM DIRECTIONS ON THIS WEB SITE.

"I have been abducted by aliens for years and found
stopabductions.com by a happy coincidence.

The Thought Screen Helmet,
invented by an expert, has
stopped the unwelcome visitations and has raised me and my family`s quality of life. Therefore I highly
recommend it."

ALIEN ABDUCTEE FROM KENTUCKY WEARING A THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET
"Since trying Michael Menkin's Helmet, I have not been bothered by alien mind control. Now my thoughts are my own. I have achieved meaningful work and am contributing to society.
My life is better than ever before. Thank you Michael for the work you are doing to save all humanity."

http://www.stopabductions.com/

Old 07-07-2007, 12:22 AM

Ok guys, being serious here, Brass screen. Mythbusters used it in an enclosed environment to test the "do cellphones really make airplanes crash?" thing.

Block any and all radio signals, including microwaves I guess.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 AM

I have an 05 corvette that has gone dead 5 times because of this problem.
GMs fix was to reprogram the computer. Had this done 9 months ago,
knock on wood no problems since.Hope they can figure yours out.
Oh btw, mine only went dead sitting in the garage with the m-wave
35 feet away.GM also mentioned before they had the fix,was to keep the
key and fob 50 feet away!! Good luck