Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Change oil light

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Default Change oil light

Hello Monte Carlo lovers. This is my first post. I recently purchased a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. I need to know how to reset the change engine oil light. Also, does someone know the link to download owners manuals? Thanks! Drive safe!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Change oil light

For the older monte carlos like mine, turn your ignition to ON but dont start it. Press the gas pedal three times quickly. It should go out. For the newer monte carlos, with the ignition turned to ON, hold theDISPLAY button on your radio until settings is displayed. Use the seek button to select OIL LIFE. Press NEXT until RESET is displayed. Press DISPLAY and the oil life will be reset.

Go to chevrolet.com and you should be able to download the manuals on the site somewhere.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 PM

I did change my oil & that pump 3 times trick does not work![align=left]I found online manuals at: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/owners/c...dispManualInfo[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I posted this to help others who are given wrong information like that pump 3 times trick.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]How to Reset the Oil Life Indicator[/align][align=left]After changing the engine oil, the system must be[/align][align=left]reset. To reset the indicator, use one of the[/align][align=left]following procedures:[/align][align=left]Using the RDS Radio[/align][align=left]1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON, with the radio off.[/align][align=left]2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at[/align][align=left]least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.[/align][align=left]3. Press the SEEK up or down arrows to scroll through[/align][align=left]the main menu.[/align][align=left]4. Scroll until OIL LIFE appears on the display.[/align][align=left]5. Press the PREV or NEXT buttons to enter the[/align][align=left]submenu. RESET will be displayed.[/align][align=left]6. Press the DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard[/align][align=left]to verify the new setting and DONE will be[/align][align=left]displayed for one second.[/align][align=left]7. Once the indicator has been reset, scroll until EXIT[/align][align=left]appears on the display.[/align][align=left]8. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime[/align]will be heard to verify the exit.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Did you even read my posts? BOTH of them told you what to do. I added in the pump 3 times thing because it DOES work on the cars without your radio and without the DIC under the gauges.