Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

ABS Traction Light and Brake light

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Default ABS Traction Light and Brake light

Hi. I am an idiot with cars and could really use help. I have a 2003 SS and a few months ago took it to a dealer as the car "stuttered" when driving and the brakes felt "funky." Anyhow..$800 later, they did a "hub bearing assembly"; "driver's front axle" and other unrelated things. Well, my traction light and brake lights have stayed on since a month after I had the repairs done...and now, literally, when i go to brake it feels as though the brakes are "pushing back" at me and really feels like they are just gonna totally fail. Paperwork says the work they did is guaranteed for 12 months so i am still under that. Do i have the "right" to call them and tell them i don't think they fixed anything? I am sorry to ramble...i am a girl, i am clueless about cars and i really dont want to be "screwed" by this shop when i call to see if i can bring it back and have them FIX it this time. I hope this makes sense...and THANK YOU for any guidance you can give me. Susan

Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Does your red BRAKE light come on?

If so I would check your brake fluid and top it off if it's low. and possibly get your brake fluid flushed, bled, or changed.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 AM

When did the light come back on? You stated that "stayed on since a month after I had the repairs done..." What do you mean? It's been on for a month or it's been a month since it came on? Why didn't you go back right away? $800 buck? What did they find wrong to begin with? I would most definitely go back and try to explain what it is doing. Words like "funky, and stuttered" wont really help with the mechanics. Describe when and how the car drives. At what time does this do that? What rpm, speed etc.
If what they did didn't fix the problem to begin with they are obligated to fix it right. If after they worked on it and a month later something else happened, they may charge you more. I would also do a code search. See what is coming up and do a google search. Going into a dealership/repair shop without a clue as to what sensor is bad will almost always mean more money!