Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: ENGINE SWAP -- 2005 SS Supercharged to 2002 Intimidator

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 01:13 AM
Default ENGINE SWAP -- 2005 SS Supercharged to 2002 Intimidator

I have followed these forums and multiple threads for years and never have become a registered member until now. I wanted to thank you all for your advice your detail and knowledge because it really has assisted me in knowing the ins-and-outs of the six generation.

Here's my issue. I have had my 2005 SS supercharged since 2008 when I bought it with 11,000 miles on it. It now has $185,000 Plus and a new transmission in it less than a 2 years old minus the crash 8 months ago.

Thank goodness these things are solid. However the radiator support has some good damage up front.

My goal was to find another Monte Carlo with all steel parts and decent bumpers to cut it up and replace everything that I need it including horns and harnesses.

So I found a 2002 Intimidator one of 3333 and bought it for $1,000 I believe the motor is blown however the craziest part is it only had 90 thousand miles on it.... the interior is immaculate paint needs work but body is straight.

So down to the Brass tax.....

the O2 is too clean to cut up!!!.... so my plan was and has changed.... I now want to put the 05 supercharged 3.8 into my O2 regular 3.8.

Anyone interested in an 05 body/frame stripped?..

or..

The original 3.8 with 90kmiles out of the car???

....was thinking to rebuild it as it would be a numbered motor however I don't have the time nor the space nor do I know how to build/rebuild an engine.......yet...

Moving forward...

I understand the harnesses are different and I have all parts to Interchange 2 WHOLE CARS....05 to the 02

I NEED TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:

* how to remove the main 05 wiring harness to put into the 02?

* do I need to upgrade the PCMwhen I pull the motor and trans if I have the original Comp?

* will the 02 radiator work with a Supercharged motor

--or-- will the 05 radiator fit in the 02?

* will the fuel lines and the tranny lines hook up the same? (Or do I need to keep the radiator the same (original 02) for the trans lines to hook up?

* are the drive axles the same or they need to be 05 axles or upgraded? I am hearing two different takes on that...

*Is it needed to run use the supercharher coil/ dog mount brackets?

***IS THERE ANYTHING I'M MISSING****

Much appreciated thank you for all your advice and knowledge!!!

BTW.....NOT A TOP SWAP....I HAVE 2 WHOLE CARS!!!

THE ONE OVERDRAFT

Last edited by OVERDRAFT; 07-26-2017 at 01:18 AM. Reason: BTW not a top swap
Old 05-11-2022, 08:16 PM
Default Car still 4sale?

Originally Posted by OVERDRAFT
I have followed these forums and multiple threads for years and never have become a registered member until now. I wanted to thank you all for your advice your detail and knowledge because it really has assisted me in knowing the ins-and-outs of the six generation.

Here's my issue. I have had my 2005 SS supercharged since 2008 when I bought it with 11,000 miles on it. It now has $185,000 Plus and a new transmission in it less than a 2 years old minus the crash 8 months ago.

Thank goodness these things are solid. However the radiator support has some good damage up front.

My goal was to find another Monte Carlo with all steel parts and decent bumpers to cut it up and replace everything that I need it including horns and harnesses.

So I found a 2002 Intimidator one of 3333 and bought it for $1,000 I believe the motor is blown however the craziest part is it only had 90 thousand miles on it.... the interior is immaculate paint needs work but body is straight.

So down to the Brass tax.....

the O2 is too clean to cut up!!!.... so my plan was and has changed.... I now want to put the 05 supercharged 3.8 into my O2 regular 3.8.

Anyone interested in an 05 body/frame stripped?..

or..

The original 3.8 with 90kmiles out of the car???

....was thinking to rebuild it as it would be a numbered motor however I don't have the time nor the space nor do I know how to build/rebuild an engine.......yet...

Moving forward...

I understand the harnesses are different and I have all parts to Interchange 2 WHOLE CARS....05 to the 02

I NEED TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:

* how to remove the main 05 wiring harness to put into the 02?

* do I need to upgrade the PCMwhen I pull the motor and trans if I have the original Comp?

* will the 02 radiator work with a Supercharged motor

--or-- will the 05 radiator fit in the 02?

* will the fuel lines and the tranny lines hook up the same? (Or do I need to keep the radiator the same (original 02) for the trans lines to hook up?

* are the drive axles the same or they need to be 05 axles or upgraded? I am hearing two different takes on that...

*Is it needed to run use the supercharher coil/ dog mount brackets?

***IS THERE ANYTHING I'M MISSING****

Much appreciated thank you for all your advice and knowledge!!!

BTW.....NOT A TOP SWAP....I HAVE 2 WHOLE CARS!!!

THE ONE OVERDRAFT
I have a 01looking for another 6gen in good condition for parts