Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2002 Driver Side Power Window Switch in Full

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 PM

I'd think it has to be in one of those panels since I don't know of any others. I'd say check again.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Default Owner's manual

Check your owner's manual. It tells you what each component in each block is. If not look for one online, that is how I found one for my Nissan minivan. I have a Haynes repair manual but I am not sure if they cover the fuses in detail and I didn't check. If you can't find any reference material try to deduce by the abbreviations that they use. Should be something like D/S WIN (Driver side window) or P/S PW (Passenger side power window). And I think it is going to be in one of the blocks inside the cabin, not under the hood. Good luck!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Have been through 4 switches. 3 offbrand switches and one gm switch. Have replaced the motor and regulator, lubed the cables and slides with dry graphite and the window guides and gaskets with silicone spray. Passenger window draws about 2-3 amp up and down. Driver window draws 5 amp down and 10 amp up. No unusual resistance in the wiring and good voltage to switch. Window seems to be loose in the track all the way up and down. After 6 weeks of this ready to start pulling my hair out

Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Just to clarify I know that the high amperage is the reason the switches are dying, just not sure what I've missed that is causing the high draw

Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM

Okay guys. I read all these forums and was tooo scared to play buying switches that wouild fry or not work after a few minutes..here's what I did....I took the dark blue and brown wires which bring your drivers window down and up from switch. and swapped them with the Light blue and tan wire which runs up and down passenger window from your door. blue for blue and brown for tan... this will make the drivers window work off of the passenger side of the driver's switch now intead of the burned out side., now this will also not allow your passenger side to work on either door unless you run a jumper between the light blue and tan wires so its circuit will be completed for the passenger door switch itself to work. do this and both windows on either door should work with there switch...all you lose is the raising and lowering the of the passenger window at the drivers panel...I could live without that and the headaches of paying for new switches that may not work. Hopefully my 8 hours of playing and testing can HELP you guys save a few headaches.
color code on drivers switch seems to be-( light yellow -Hot)(Little light-grey and black wires) (dark blue -up side of motor)( brown -down side of motor)( light blue-up side passenger window) ( tan - down side of passenger motor)

Old 12-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by callmepokey1
Okay guys. I read all these forums and was tooo scared to play buying switches that wouild fry or not work after a few minutes..here's what I did....I took the dark blue and brown wires which bring your drivers window down and up from switch. and swapped them with the Light blue and tan wire which runs up and down passenger window from your door. blue for blue and brown for tan... this will make the drivers window work off of the passenger side of the driver's switch now intead of the burned out side., now this will also not allow your passenger side to work on either door unless you run a jumper between the light blue and tan wires so its circuit will be completed for the passenger door switch itself to work. do this and both windows on either door should work with there switch...all you lose is the raising and lowering the of the passenger window at the drivers panel...I could live without that and the headaches of paying for new switches that may not work. Hopefully my 8 hours of playing and testing can HELP you guys save a few headaches.
color code on drivers switch seems to be-( light yellow -Hot)(Little light-grey and black wires) (dark blue -up side of motor)( brown -down side of motor)( light blue-up side passenger window) ( tan - down side of passenger motor)
BTW I followed your directions over a year ago and still works great like this! replying so I can find this easier next time for someone else!