Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2002 Driver Side Power Window Switch in Full

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Thumbs up Thank you Alburrito!!

My window switch was acting up and then went out 2 weeks ago. Didn't have time to do any searching till today. Thanks to you for your instructions I got it fixed in less than 10 minutes! (I did cheat and just push down and unplug the switch I needed to replace....instead of taking all 3 out)

Thank you for your help!!!
Meg

Old 07-10-2010, 11:38 AM

Your directions rock!
Thank you!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Default Window Switch...

it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem... '00 Monte SS, so far gone through 4 switches through advance auto and 2 from autozone which went up in a puff of smoke. Now I'm on my third from Apple Chevy which are OEM parts and all three the lights burnt out... I'm starting to wonder if it's where they are manufactured.... Original was from Mexico, last 3 OEM's were china, and when torn apart look exactly, parts, writing and all like the one's from advance auto. Any other suggestions of where to find one that might actually work. Thanks....

Old 11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Default Switch bitch

Hey,

What do you mean the lights are out? The switch is not illuminated anymore? If it still is controlling the window properly I would have to settle for that. If you have read throughout the thread some people have had luck with switches from GM and other's haven't. No one has had success with switches from aftermarket sources. I guess I got lucky. I burnt out 2 switches from O'Reilly's. I got my money back and then bought one from a Chevy dealership. Put it in and it has worked fine for 16 months now. Lights up and everything. Like I said earlier, if it is controlling the window but not illuminated anymore settle for that. I wonder why this is such a pain in the ***. Take care!

Old 11-09-2010, 02:33 PM

I went through three switches from Autozone,all bad .bought one from dealer and has worked fie for over a year now.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:28 AM

The rocker in the driver side window switch broke. The window would still roll up but only when pushing down hard on the switch and wiggling it around. I figure I’d get a GM replacement switch since everyone was having trouble with the aftermarket switches.

Rather than buy from the dealer and pay $60 I bought it from www.gmpartsdirect.com for $35. It is a direct factory replacement part and comes in one of those plastic bags and says AC Delco on it. You can look up the part using the catalog but here is the part number for my 2000 SS. Should be the same for 00 – 05. Part number: 19244863

I noticed the original switch was made in Mexico and the replacement was made in China. However, I’ve had the switch in over a week now and it’s been working fine.

Well after two weeks now the backlight in the switch quit working but the switch still operates the window properly.

Last edited by vbmike; 02-17-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Default Switched out

Thanks for the info, I can't remember how much I paid for mine. Mine is still working and going on 21 months!

Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Can some one tell me where the fuse for the power windows is located?? I was replacing the switch and managed create a short and pop the fuse but can't find it. I checked both fuse panels in the ends of the dash and don't find a fuse for the windows. I'm fairly large and have difficulty getting under the dash to see if there is a panel there. I don't want to pull out a seat only to find the panel is on the other side.

Thanks,

John Rosenbauer

Old 03-25-2011, 05:34 PM

I think there may be some fuses under the hood. Not positive but you might want to check there. The owners manual might also tell you.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by vbmike
I think there may be some fuses under the hood. Not positive but you might want to check there. The owners manual might also tell you.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I checked the two fuse blocks under the hood too.

John

Quick Reply: 2002 Driver Side Power Window Switch in Full