Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

2012 Woodward Dream Cruise

Old 07-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise

18th annual Woodward Dream Cruise. Saturday, August 18. Metro Detroit area. I figured it would be smart to start talking about this sooner than later since this cruise is huge, and having time to plan in advance will more than likely help. I'm planning on going again this year. I took my 06 last year and, prior to that, took my 03 several times.

The cruise is an all day event and always a great time. Each year it seems to be larger and there are events during the week leading up to the cruise, as well as multiple car shows along the route the day of the cruise. Participating cities from Ferndale to Pontiac hold their own events along the 18 mile route. There is plenty of space to pull off the route and show where you want but it does fill up pretty quick.

I figured we could get a group of us Forum members together, decide on a meeting time and location for that morning, then do whatever we want for the rest of the day. People come from all over the country, not to mention the World, for this one so maybe we could get a few members from out of state. It's definitely worth it.

If you haven't seen something, you will probably see it here. Every make, model, and year of vehicle you can imagine.

Cruise website: The Woodward Dream Cruise > Home

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-01-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did it last year ....We need to reserve a spot to park while we are not cruising. As a club we prob can but I am not sure who to contact to do it.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Maybe try contacting the website and see whats what...

I did the woodward cruise a number of years ago...and the streets were jammin with Cars,Hotrods, people....I pity the people who were trying to get from one side of town to the otherthru all the traffic. .lol

I believe the down river cruise was yesterday here in Taylor...
(we were at my neices graduation party up north in Capac) so we missed it...
Lemme know what you findout..Possibly I would be able to jump on the band wagon with you,...

Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Did it last year ....We need to reserve a spot to park while we are not cruising. As a club we prob can but I am not sure who to contact to do it.
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure who to contact about that either. I did just send an e-mail to the cruise's executive director addressing that question. I'll let you know what I hear back. I know parking usually opens up between Birmingham and Pontiac. South of Birmingham, and Pontiac itself, fills up fast.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM

wll i have never been to that i heasrd it is pretty awesome so i hope to go so right now count me in.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:23 PM

I am down there every year I live in the area so I hang out down there if not every weekend every other weekend. Cars have been out of storage for a couple months now so we've been out on Woodward.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Lemme know what you findout..Possibly I would be able to jump on the band wagon with you,...
Originally Posted by 2004DE_JR
wll i have never been to that i heasrd it is pretty awesome so i hope to go so right now count me in.
Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
I am down there every year I live in the area so I hang out down there if not every weekend every other weekend. Cars have been out of storage for a couple months now so we've been out on Woodward.
Sounds good guys!

Tadd, I haven't heard anything back about parking yet, although I can't say I'm surprised.

Ashley said she's down for Woodward also, so there's about seven of us that I know of as of right now.

Hoping to get my new struts and lowering springs installed on the car before Woodward. I'm a little worried because I haven't ordered springs yet and I sort of have a small window of time in my schedule for the next six weeks leading up to Woodward, twelve of those days being a business trip for work. Just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member

Bit of an update. I got an email reply on the 9th about who to contact for reserving parking. Response was "Please call to discuss your reservation needs during the Woodward Dream Cruise." I got the contact info for the Event Director of the Ferndale Woodward Dream Cruise so I'm not sure if that means he just coordinates in Ferndale's portion or what. Guess I have to call.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
Default Bad News

The mrs just informed me...we will still be on Vacation on the 18th (Grrrrr)
We wont be home til the 20th...
Well so much for the MCF group pic matt! at the cruise...

Guess I will have to shoot for the October meet..

Sorry MCF...

Have fun and be safe!
Im sure Matt will have his camera,cocked,locked and ready to rock!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
The mrs just informed me...we will still be on Vacation on the 18th (Grrrrr)
We wont be home til the 20th...
Well so much for the MCF group pic matt! at the cruise...

Guess I will have to shoot for the October meet..

Sorry MCF...

Have fun and be safe!
Im sure Matt will have his camera,cocked,locked and ready to rock!
thats too bad you can't be with us up there but we can meet up in october for sure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise