MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Opinion Needed: Can't start Members Blog with Window's 10

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Can't start Members Blog with Window's 10

Hello Folks. I just went to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude E6410. My Browser was also updated in the process. Now when I try to copy the front page of the members blog and then paste it I do not get any pics, only text links. Also the "center" button doesn't center text, it only puts the word center on the message. How do I fix this? Is it a browser setting or a computer problem?

Last edited by GTHSS; 02-13-2016 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:13 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hmmm not sure. Maybe Mike or Jason will have an idea when they see this post.
Now something I have been doing lately is going to that front page and going to the bottom and clicking QUOTE.
Copy everything thing between the the QUOTE HTML tags. Then I start a new thread and paste into that thread. Since I have been doing that, I have not had any of the problems I was having before. BUT I am not running Windows 10 either.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks Barbara. I tried that and it did work. I still have to be very careful with the center text button.

As a side note, Since I went to windows 10 my mouse locks up a lot. IMO, I would suggest to others that even though you may get messages from Microsoft to update to Windows 10 you should hold off if you have an older laptop.

I am thinking of getting a Surface Pro or even trying an Apple product with the tax refund... any feedback from other users who have one?

Old 02-13-2016, 07:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Run the page in Compatibility mode - I am using windows 10 works fine for me. I use chrome most of the time for a browser, but also have IE and Edge - What browser are you using?

Once I know that I can tell you how to access the compatibility mode setting

Last edited by Tadcaster; 02-13-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:49 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Tadd
I like using Chrome but whenever I am doing anything on the forum such as working on the MotM post or the daily blog that requires editing, the entire post shows up in html and makes for complicated editing. Now I know html code but would much rather it not show up in html code while editing. So I use Explorer most of the time when I have edits to do because it does not show the code. Any suggestions? I am running windows 7

Old 02-13-2016, 08:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Try right clicking on your Chrome desktop Icon go to properties then to compatability
set as needed

Last edited by Tadcaster; 02-13-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:00 AM

Hi Barb, it's does the same for me using Windows 7.

I also have trouble posting the Blog, but I'm using Space's old (10+yrs) laptop. I copy it & go to post it and it won't submit... I will have to try your "quote" way...

Oh, if I log off and try again it sometimes works...It's like a relationship > Sometimes it works & sometimes it don't & just crashes out...

p.s. I am constantly getting window updates that take 4ever to load up. Then the `puter just seems to get slower...I think it's dying a slow death. I need to get a new one (?)

Old 02-13-2016, 09:06 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks Tadd That worked!!!! Yay!!!! Never even thought about compatibility mode.
BBMike-
I started copying from the quoted text when someone said they did it that way (can't remember who) and I stopped getting the error message that said there were too many characters. I have not had a problem with it since and no more error messages.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member

I actually use both Edge now and Chrome from time to time. How do I get to compatibility mode in Edge? Since I went to WIN 10, a week ago, I have been on Edge. That's when the problem started. I thought it was just a newer version of IE until I checked to see today.

Last edited by GTHSS; 02-13-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Talking >I get so ConFuZed<

Hi Tommy, I hope the below helps (?)

=============================================
    How to find Internet Explorer in Windows 10 if you really ...

www.windowscentral.com/how-find-internet-explorer-windows-10-if-yo...

Aug 9, 2015 - If you still need to access Internet Explorer in Windows 10, you can. ... Destiny to get another big expansion later in 2016, with full sequel due in 2017 ... Java not being in edge is a good thing in my opinion. .... of person who might say "Yes" to every dialog window that pops up when they use their computer.

Will Internet Explorer run on Windows 10? - Super User

superuser.com/questions/.../will-internet-explorer-run-on-windows-10

Aug 1, 2015 - Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. .... icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar, or press Windows + A to get there. ... Click (or tap) it, and you'll see a few more settings. ... On my laptop running Windows 10, Internet Explorer was not found via search or ...

Is there a "compatibility view settings" in windows 10 edge ...

superuser.com/.../is-there-a-compatibility-view-settings-in-windows-10-e...

Aug 7, 2015 - Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. ... Before upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 I was able to access mypayroll ... address to the list in "compatibility view settings" in internet explorer. Now that I'm upgraded I'm unable to get to this setting and I'm unable to ...