MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Just an idea (MCF Photo Contest), Opinions Please ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 08:09 AM
1 Year Member
Lightbulb Just an idea (MCF Photo Contest), Opinions Please ?

I am relatively new to this forum and noticed it doesn't have any photo competitions! On other forums I've been on a few of them have weekly photo contests that give a theme for the week and everyone gets pictures relating to that theme of their cars. Winner gets to pick the next weeks theme. Would be cool to have it on this forum and might get a few people more active! Just a thought but I would love it

Last edited by Space; 07-20-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: edit by Bum`Mike
Old 07-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Default >Good Suggestion<

Great idea & I hope our MCF Admin's see's your thread. If not, send it to them. Or start your own contest (?)

It takes time & dedication. Would you be able to put it together & monitor it ?

Please post/share how it is set up & how it would be run ?
Details will help get it going (?)

All the MCF Staff are not paid & donate their time & help to member's. I think it would be a good contest. We have many that have great talents in taking pictures.

I hope other member's comment on your suggestion.
Good Luck & thanks for your contributions 4>Sure

Old 07-20-2014, 09:36 AM
1 Year Member

Well taking the rules from a different forum that I was active in, rules can and should be changed according to community opinion but just a rough outline:

Photo Contest entries will be taken for 1 week--Monday until the next Monday. Once the 1 week period has ended, the vote will begin Monday @ 9pm Eastern Standard Time and end the following Monday @ 9pm Eastern Standard Time.

Your car must be in the photo.

Picture must be taken out side of vehicle unless otherwise stated interior shot. The picture can not be the view from the inside or the car

The owner of the entry with the most votes will then get to select the next topic. Please respond back by at least 2 days after the vote ends.

Only 1 picture can be submitted

Please keep the photo shopping limited to
Adjustment of Levels, Curves, or Contrast.
Color Balance, and/or White balance.
Desaturation, or selected desaturation.
No HDR images

This is a contest of who takes a better picture, not who can photo shop the best

Photo must be all black and white or all color. No selective black and white.

No photo older than 3 months from time of topic posted.

Photo must be a car you own

You must either be the one taking the picture or have it on a set timer mode, so you cant have anyone else take the picture unless stated in the contest topic

Adding borders are fine

Please limit the comments in the submission thread

Photo may only be used 1 time. So if a picture you used once qualifies for another topic you are not allowed to use it.

Rules may be changed at any time and *MCF* staff has final approval of all pictures to be entered into the contest.
So for example if the theme was say 4th of July, you would get a picture with something having to do with that theme like fireworks, cookouts or anything along those lines as long as your car is in it.

Just kind of a general outline. I could easily setup the submission and voting posts every week and keep a thread with all of the past weekly winners. It's just kind of a fun thing to do and helps keep the community active. Feedback from other members and admins would be appreciated!

Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Cool >Thanks 4 your suggestions<

Great outline > Thanks for posting
*I used Space's account to add to your thread title to get attention from Staff & member's.

I look forward to reading the Staff's & Member's opinions on this topic. I'm for any topic that is fun/informative for the majority of our MCF Membership

I do know that we have many talented member's that submit excellent photo's... Hopefully (?) our member's will add their thoughts Thanks again

Old 07-20-2014, 04:34 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks for changing that, and everything he said ^

Old 07-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

We have a monthly photo contest to get into the calendar we have.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think this would be fun!

Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 AM

This would be interesting. The MOTM contest is more for the cars themselves, although I'm sure photography plays a role in the voice, albeit not as much as the owners themselves. I wish I had more time to start hitting the photography side of things, although if my cars were painted I'd probably make more time to set up photos.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree, this would be fun to try out. What would be our first theme? August is almost here, some "Hot August night" with the Monte at some evening event or location, cooling off and chelaxing.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And everyone could participate.

Quick Reply: Just an idea (MCF Photo Contest), Opinions Please ?