Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Speaker installation, front and rear

Old 05-22-2005, 02:34 AM
Default Speaker installation, front and rear

How do you remove/install the speakers? Prolly gonna have to remove the door panel to get to the fronts, right? Any tips/tricks or ideas on doing it easily and correctly the first time around? What about the rear, looks like the are mounted from under the deck, is this true? Or do I have to remove the rear deck panel to get to them(surface mounted)? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Default RE: Speaker installation, front and rear

the door panels in the front are easy to take off...remove all the screws (four in all), then the trick is around the tops, near the windows, have to be pulled up, the rest of the door just pulls straight off. For the backs, you have to take the piece of wood off the top, so you have to pull down the back seats, along with the pads on either side, and pull up and out the piece of wood with the carpetting on. You may have to modify the deck to get the speakers to fit, and the deck to fit properly again, but then you have to deal with how it looks, and if you want a stock look or a modded look, and decide how to deal with that. In all, it is very simple, i did all my speaker upgrades in an afternoon, but I knew nothing when I started.

Old 05-22-2005, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Mikhal

the door panels in the front are easy to take off...remove all the screws (four in all), then the trick is around the tops, near the windows, have to be pulled up, the rest of the door just pulls straight off. For the backs, you have to take the piece of wood off the top, so you have to pull down the back seats, along with the pads on either side, and pull up and out the piece of wood with the carpetting on. You may have to modify the deck to get the speakers to fit, and the deck to fit properly again, but then you have to deal with how it looks, and if you want a stock look or a modded look, and decide how to deal with that. In all, it is very simple, i did all my speaker upgrades in an afternoon, but I knew nothing when I started.
The front door panel removal sounds similar to my 94 Accord, easy enough. The rear sounds a little more involved, I just hope I don't mess it up in the process. I guess I should do the install before getting my windows smoked just to make sure I don't scracth the tint. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:11 PM

Make sure you roll down the windows first, and make sure you plug everything back in after you put everything back together.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 AM

I know this is an old post but doeas anyone know what year vehicle were talking about here? I have a 2006 and need to change out the rear speakers.