Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Removing the dash in a 02 to install CD Player?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Default Removing the dash in a 02 to install CD Player?

Hey all. Does anyone know how this is accomplished without f'n anything up? I just did an install on a 03 Dodge Stratus and all you had to do was pop off the front piece of the dash next to the CD Player. But with my 02 monte it seems you would have to take apart the entire dash...anyone know how this is done?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Default RE: Removing the dash in a 02 to install CD Player?

Its pretty easy.....first take out 2 screws open the glove box and one is in the upper left corner the second one pop off the fuse box cover on the drivers side and there is another screw on the bottom right..from there you want to pull off the ignition ring(the thing that says off acc and start) just gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver. and also take off the plastic/rubber flap around the ring. now all you have to do is gently pry the dash off I start with over by the glove box and work my way around oh I almost forgot once you start getting the dash off you will need to unplug the hazard light switch nothing big but just an fyi (MAKE SURE you plug the hazard switch back in when you reassemble or your turn signals wont work) I think that should about cover if if ya need any more info shoot me a PM

Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Default RE: Removing the dash in a 02 to install CD Player?

there is actually 4 screws.
One in the fuse pannel and also one under the dash on both sides one in the glove box and one in the drivers side foot well
you have to make sure to pull the key off the key ring for this dash take it off the ring put on the E brake
then put the car in low 1 gear. shut off the key at this point and dont take it out. then when you give a tug on the dash it will slide threw the ing hole on the dash with out messing anything up. you dont need to pull the rubber part off it can actually stay in teh dash.
take the plug for the hazzards off and then the stereo will come out with 4 more screws and a coupel of plugs in there.

If you are putting a DVD player or a longer CD player take a hack saw blade or you can get one with a handel on it to. you will need to cut the back of the dash where the stereo sits in there to give you enough back space for the stereo to fit in there. then put your stereo and the install kit for fitment . once this is done you can hook it all back up and reverse everythign needed to put the dash togeather again.

If you have the steerign wheel controlls and want to keep those and also the door chimes then you will need to get the adapter for this it can be gotten from most stereo shops here in the states and or off of crutchfeild.com . i know they have them but they will run you like 50.00.

this will retaine the buzzer and also the controlls in the wheel.

I dont have one in mine and all works fine just dont have the wheel controlls and the buzzer workign in it right now. but i dont mind not having that buzzer LOL

If ya need more help let me know.
Also if you do chose the DVD player with the flip out screen on it it will fit regardless of all the crap out that they dont . i know i have one. the only thing is they will block off your vents in the upper part of the dash if it is up and you have the AC or the heater working. I just shut mine off and use the side vents and still have pleanty of air movment int he car for anythign i need .
Or if not i will shut the screen and use them till i get it the temp i like then i can open it back up agian.