Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Radio pass code

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Do not do this. I ended up putting my old radio back in.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just recently had my factory radio take a dump on me in my 2004 Silverado... My neighbor had a radio like mine from another vehicle...
However, It didn't work in my truck Yes we watch umpteen youtube videos and to no avail..including the chip removal one... we removed the chip out of the one he brought over...and absolutely nothing worked... The radio is a paper weight now!

On the 2000 and up as Jason (Maniac) mentioned...They no longer use "Codes" , The radio is vined to your specific vehicle..

I called my local dealer...
They wanted $107.00 to make a radio work in my Silverado...

My neighbor hit up the junk yard and brought me another radio...
Mine was a non RDS...which is what he brought me out of an Impala...
Since there were no "Silverados" in the junk yard..

So we messed around with all the you tube vids we could find on techcracking it to work...and to no avail again!

So since I have purchased multiple vehicles over the years from my local dealership..(I know the used car manager) and bought the vehicles thru him.. I decided to give him a call... and wouldn't you know it... He said to bring it down and he would see what he can do for me... 45 minutes later after a few difficulties trying to sink it to my truck, He finally got it to work.. So naturally I couldn't thank him enough.
Kurt Asmus at Taylor Chevrolet...Thanks Buddy! I owe ya!
and his tech "Tony"..
I did however, throw his tech a cpl bucks out of my pocket in appreciation for his time trouble and efforts!

Admittedly...
This is the first time I have had an issue and the dealership stepped up and helped me out.. Despite the Truck being 10 yrs old!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-24-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:14 AM

Years ago I used the procedure in the service manual (Official GM/Helm manual) to unlock my Delco radio. I just left it unlocked 'cause I figure, who wants my 1999 GM radio?