Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

New speakers = Door panel rattle / buzz / vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Default New speakers = Door panel rattle / buzz / vibrating

Only when the bass hits a certain volume or note will I hear the door panel begin to rattle. I'd like to see a guide or see pictures of what others might have done with their door panel rattle. I'm guess the cause is result of the door panel being a cheap plastic/fiberglass assemble. It does sound like its coming from the stock speaker grill area of the door.
Any help?!

2003 Monte LS

Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds to me like:
There mounted improperly...Or your over driveing them?

Who did the instahl? Id consider takeing it back to who ever did the instahl and ask them to re do it the rght way...

Its hard to say...Just whats going on...without being there in person to check it out....

Id recommend ..to not... Over drive them. Or use them excessively.. Maybe try re setting the Equalizer to make them run more balanced?.... There is a good possibility you could blow them out...and then where would you be?
Take it to an audio shop...let them check it out...Maybe they can advise you on what the underlieing issue is...

Maybe someone else will chime in with some other ideas...

Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 PM

First I did the install myself. I did a good job. They are not being over driven as I have tested the speakers with the door panel removed and there is no rattle what so ever. The door panels were re-installed and fit perfectly therefore minimal to no contact between speakers and door panel. (I'm not 100% on that statement because I cant see inside the door panel when its installed). I'm guessing there is so much bass moving the door panel that it begins to rattle. Id love to hear from someone who encountered Nd corrected this same problem

Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

I was merely trying to offer up some suggestions.
I'm running a touch over 4000 watts,Without that problem.
Then again...I did have mine professionally installed.
Good Luck with finding a resolve.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 04-04-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM

I appreciate your suggestions. Sorry if I sounded condescending.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM

The plastic where the speakers mount into is pretty cheap I put screws in mine in multiple spots and I also dynamated the doors, the panels themselves can rattle once they've been taken off after you break that "factory seal"

Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by NovaSS369
The plastic where the speakers mount into is pretty cheap I put screws in mine in multiple spots and I also dynamated the doors, the panels themselves can rattle once they've been taken off after you break that "factory seal"
Then its sounding pretty hopeless. My factory seal is broken and it is rattling. You still have the rattle or did you fix it?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 AM

Not sure which generation Monte you have, but in my 5th gen, I have the same issue. What I found it to be was one of those plastic clip-type things on the back of the panel that comes semi-loose when you take the panel off for the first time. I haven't found a way to stop it from rattling, and I'm not too sure on how to describe what the piece is, but I hope this helps somewhat.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dynamat your doors and make sure all the panel retainers are seating properly. If the panel still rattles you can put strips of rope caulk on the back of the panel to act as an insulator between the panel and door.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM

Id suggest ..to not... Over generate them. Or use them extremely.. Maybe try re establishing the Equalizer to create them run more balanced . . . . There is a excellent probability you could strike them out...and then where would you be?
Take it to an sound store...let them examine it out...Maybe they can counsel you on what the under reliving problem is... . . . . .

Last edited by Mpeterson; 04-13-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Quick Reply: New speakers = Door panel rattle / buzz / vibrating