Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

iPod adapter for 2002 Monte Carlo Stereo

Old 09-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Default iPod adapter for 2002 Monte Carlo Stereo

In previous cars I'm used to just replacing the stereo completely with a new one. However I don't want to replace the stereo in my Monte Carlo due to the fact that the wheel buttons won't work after and it'll look odd having a stereo half the size of the original one in there.

I want to be able to play my iPod through my stereo though and I'm getting VERY poor sound quality with a tape cassette to aux thing that i've been using. I'm tired of dealing with it and want to go with one of those GMs Aux adapter that you can use to allow an iPod to be plugged in. I don't know where or which specific one I should look for and I want to know if I have to install it in the back of the stereo how will it get to the front where I can plug my ipod in without it looking all cheaply done and everything. I'm completely new to putting in Aux Adapters. I have absolutely no clue what to look for specifically or what to expect to work and not work and how it will look. So please fill me with as much information as anyone of you guys know about this. It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks