Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Finally got the subs hooked up and bumpin

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Default Finally got the subs hooked up and bumpin

Two 12" Sony Xplods powered by a Pioneer 760watt 1/2 channel amp, and a Sony CDX Blue tooth headunit. It sound decent, but I still need to fine tune the amp to the head unit. The directions are very unclear in how I do this, any thoughts? There is a dial at the back, swith for bass boost, and something else I have not been able to identify, but right now it sounds good. Im just afraid I'll blow my stock speakers if I turn up the stereo too high.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Nice!!!
I like to keep my settings on the head unit at about half and get the most out of the amp as i can, it will make it sound better, and then if there is still room for "loudness" turn the settings on the head unit up, the halfway goes for volume control also. I have always liked to volume to be at about halfway to 2/3 up, but it varies upon system

Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM

i keep mine about 2/3 the way full at most. Turn the "bass" down to save the speakers on the doors and rear from blowing, and have the "subs" boosted from the deck.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM

i keep my amps at the max and control everything else from the head unit since the equalizer on it is desent only thing i move on the sub would be the mhz i believe it is limits who much bass goes to the speakers but other than that i control everything from my head unit

Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Be careful, don't turn the gain on the amp past half way, if it says like 35 hrz on the side of the amp put the amp to that selection

You don't want the gain past half way on the amp or all the way up beauase this is how subs blow. I had a shop leave my amp all the way up it blew my infinity perfect out and my exchange was a jbl sub, wasn't a fair deal, that shop don't use no more

If you stop by a stereo shop in your area or like a best buy and go to the install bay and ask a installer if they can tune your stereo, they will do it with out charge.

I had my stuff installed by a good place recently that I trust, but they didn't tune my amp very well. talked with a friend and he is an expert on stereos and amps, tuned my to 35 hertz and my gain is halfway and I can adjust my subs from my deck, sound clear and cean good bass, before the bass was loose and not tight and now you can tell a difference, IF i BLAST MY STEREO IT SOUNDS GOOD AND NOT crappy.

on your deck put your amp to the lowest negative if you have this option there like mine can be set at -15 and my bass is set to -8

Mine are on the lowest settings but my amp is set with the gain at halfway and at 35 hertz

then when I want more bass through my deck without touching my amp,I can go from -15 to -3 and its really loud and if you want more bass I go from -8 bass to -6 and get some more bass.

As long as you have the gain not set to high you can play with the decks bass settings and not worry. If you don't have a amp level to adjest through the deck like mine -15 to -3 to get louder out of the amp, then just use your bass and put it at -6 and then go up like to 0 or positive 1 or 2 until it sound good but not distorted.

Just play with the deck more, if you can't get it just ask locally, most people in stereos enjoy that hobby and try to go to a reputable place heard by frineds so you don't mind somebody touching your stuff.

I hope this helps a little

Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 PM

a local place will tune t for you for free, but find a place with a good reputation or go to a install bay of like a best buy or electronic shop that install stereo systems and ask them to check your settings and adjust them,never hurts to ask its a thing most people will do for free and like helping others out, also try reading the deck manual and amp manual if your trying to do it

Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 AM

forgot to say since neither one of us has a four channel amp to the door speakers

put the deck treble to positive 8 or the highest it will go and the treble you can put at positive 8 or highest that it will go,

your not gonna hurt anything changing those settings that way you want to get the sound out of the four speakers and bass from just the subs