Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

DDX418 issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DDX418 issues

Hey guys! It's been entirely too long since I've posted so I thought I'd change that now. I have the Kenwood DDX418 headunit, and it's been great to me up until now. Recently it wouldn't recognize my iPod (Authorization Error), but then just yesterday or the day before it randomly started playing my iPod again! Not sure what I did, but I'm not complaining! Well just yesterday it stopped recognizing that my subs are there. They turn on and play, but I can't adjust them from my headunit. There's a rear output option, and there's two options; Speakers, and Subwoofer. Currently, it's locked on Speakers, and I can't change it over to Subwoofer for some reason. Because of this, the subwoofer level isn't available, and neither is the subwoofer on/off option. I was just wondering if anyone had this headunit, and knows how to fix this issue.

Thanks!
Tyler

Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Hi Tyler, great to see you checking in, but sorry to read about your `prob. I hope one of our expert Sound Tech member's catch your thread & can post some advice or solutions...

How's life been for Tyler ? Hows your Monte running ?
Hope we see more of you online...
Peace/Out from

Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member

Well guys, I just fixed it. Apparently you must be in standby mode to change locked settings, and I didn't know that until now!

Space: My life has been great! Just graduated High School, and loving summer so far! My Monte is running great.. except for one thing. It's a mystery to me as to what it could be, but for some reason it'll just randomly die sometimes. For example, I was driving around and I came to a 4 way intersection. Right in the middle of my left turn, my steering gets really hard, and my gas stops working. I looked at my gauges and the RPM's were at 0. My car had died on me right in the middle of an intersection! Sometimes it'll die as I'm slowing down to stop. I've cleaned the MAF sensor, changed plugs, wires, and coil packs. I have no clue as to what it could be, and there's no real pattern to it dying.

Thanks!
Tyler

Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Thumbs up Congrat's Tyler

Hi `Tyler,
Thanks for your reply...
You should make a thread about your problem, because that could be dangerous with your car just dying out .
Does it start right `up after it dies ? Does it seems electrical or maybe a fuel pick up problem ?

I hope you make a thread about it, & hopefully one of our expert member's can help or there maybe a member that had a same or similar prob ? & can HELP!!!!!!!

Congrat's on graduating What's next ?
Wish you a super `fun summer & Life...EnJoy the Journey 4-Sure

Old 06-06-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member

I'm probably going to make a thread about it soon, but I'm pretty busy today. And thank you! This fall I'll be at the University of Iowa as an open major for up to two years, then if I can't decide what I want to do by then, I'll probably go into a business major. I'm very excited for a good college experience!