Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Can't program keyless entry

Old 02-28-2015, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Can't program keyless entry

Recently bought a new keyless entry remote for my 2000 monte carlo ss but can't get the car to go into program mode to even attempt to program remote. I don't have the factory radio so that option is out so I tried the other option but the doors don't lock then unlock. What could be wrong. I know it has the keyless entry option because the person I bought the car from gave me a remote but it didn't work. But if I lock my doors and open the trunk the alarm goes off so I'm assuming it's still armed. Is there a way I can jump the obd2 port?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:28 PM

Hi Denarius,
Sorry, that's beyond my 'tech knowledge .
Please keep checking back on your thread question & hopefully one of our expert tech member's can help you.

(I think they still may be sleeping 2day or out partying, or out driving their Monte's.

GOOD Luck

Old 02-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Default Not Sure?

On the 99 Monte there is a wire in the Trunk and it is near the right fender under the carpet. It has a female coupling end. So you put a jump wire in that and ground it, to the lower latch. While doing this you operate the buttons on the remote. Once they click on the doors you got it.

How ever I have programed some on Impala's that are in the Radio and if that is the case on your car and you have an aftermarket radio. The Menu's probably won't come up. In which case you may need to take it to a Garage and seek assistance.
Hope that helps.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
On the 99 Monte there is a wire in the Trunk and it is near the right fender under the carpet. It has a female coupling end. So you put a jump wire in that and ground it, to the lower latch. While doing this you operate the buttons on the remote. Once they click on the doors you got it.

How ever I have programed some on Impala's that are in the Radio and if that is the case on your car and you have an aftermarket radio. The Menu's probably won't come up. In which case you may need to take it to a Garage and seek assistance.
Hope that helps.
Do you happen to have pics?

Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Denarius23
Do you happen to have pics?
Sorry I don't. Look in the Trunk Under the Carpet on the passenger side of the car up by the wheel bump. There could be a White plastic female electrical Coupler.
What I did was took a section of wire that was about 4 feet long. I inserted one end into the coupler ( strip the insulation off the wire) then on the opposite end (strip the sire again and attach it to the Trunk latch, I grounded it out. then I held the buttons down on the Remote until the doors began to lock and unlock. That programs it.