Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2002 monte carlo factory stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:00 PM

OK this thread is pretty old but this is as close as i can get... I have a problem with my rear speakers. Their plugged in, but i cant a sound from them, their aftermarkets. I tested them on another car and they work. I know it had a system in it cause all the wiring is there. Stock head unit. W/OnStar. It has that adapter where they connected the rear speakers to the RCA's. I'm upgrading the head unit. So should i just run the wires again from the new head unit to the rear speakers? What else would i need to make my aftermarket unit work? I really dont care about chime/onstar.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM

get me a picture of your amp, sounds like your factory amp is broke but idk if the stock one i have will work with a car with onstar think it might be a different harness.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 PM

This question is directed to DeboDaddy. The Monte Carlo’s and Impala’s in 2005 offered XM as a dealer installed option for $300 when the vehicle came with a Head Unit that was XM ready. Do you know if the wiring harness is located in the rear quarter panel or under the rear speaker shelf and has a connector for the XM receiver that was taped off? Have not had time to crawl around in the vehicle to find out. Cannot find a full body wiring diagram anywhere. Cannot believe that GM would make the dealer install a wiring harness all the way from the XM unit in the trunk to the radio – seem extremely labor intensive. Appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 AM

So I'd like to ask.somthing..I put a LOC on my 02 LS.I was looking for a auxiliary power source and chose to go with the axu coming off of the ignition cylinder. Well I was texting to see if it was just that a axu source and by accident sparked it off with the battery hooked up ..now the stero works .but it cuts out kinda when u try to volume up.and somehow I think the passlock has been activatedbecause now she flat don't start ...any help would be great. ..thank u all .by the way I'm david new guy.........

Old 10-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Smile LOC.has been nothing but a pain...

So I'd like to ask.somthing..I put a LOC on my 02 LS.I was looking for a auxiliary power source and chose to go with the axu coming off of the ignition cylinder. Well I was texting to see if it was just that a axu source and by accident sparked it off with the battery hooked up ..now the stero works .but it cuts out kinda when u try to volume up.and somehow I think the passlock has been activatedbecause now she flat don't start ...any help would be great. ..thank u all .by the way I'm david new guy.........

Old 01-13-2015, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by paddock

this is the plug for the amp in the trunk.. the bigger of the two plugs..

here's the wire map

Pin Wire Color Circuit No. Function

A1 BLK 1051 Ground

A2 Not Used

A3 ORN 2640 Battery Positive Voltage

A4-A8 Not Used

A9 LT BLU 115 Right Rear Speaker Output (-)

A10 YEL 116 Left Rear Speaker Output (-)

A11 DK GRN 117 Right Front Speaker Output (-)

A12 GRY 118 Left Front Speaker Output (-)

B1 BLK 1051 Ground

B2 Not Used

B3 ORN 2640 Battery Positive Voltage

B4 Not Used

B5 WHT 1487 Antenna Enable Signal

B6-B8 Not Used

B9 DK BLU 46 Right Rear Speaker Output (+)

B10 BRN 199 Left Rear Speaker Output (+)

B11 LT GRN 200 Right Front Speaker Output (+)

B12 TAN 201 Left Front Speaker Output (+)

The antena enable wire is the remote turn on!
I hate a BLU/White wire going to my input. Its the only input to the amp that doesn't have constant voltage. Is this wire what communicates the HU to the amp? I too have the no sound issue. Trying to figure out if amp has fuse.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Gib
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

" Let me know what you're wanting to do and I may be able to help you out. "

Is there any way to add an input to the factory radio? FM transmitters just don't cut it and cassette wire units are worse.

Thanks in advance

Old 03-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Default After market amp

Originally Posted by Gib
" Let me know what you're wanting to do and I may be able to help you out. "

Is there any way to add an input to the factory radio? FM transmitters just don't cut it and cassette wire units are worse.

Thanks in advance

If you use the speaker outputs only and the switched power from the stock amp on a 2002 with on star will the factory chimes and on star function as intended with an aftermarket amp?

I am trying to add an aftermarket amp to factory head unit while maintaining factory chimes and on star.

I was thinking I could use a pin extractor to remove the speakers outputs and power enable antenna wire and run them into the after market amp.

Thanks, Bill

Old 08-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Default Help 04 monte carlo wiring problem.

Originally Posted by DeboDaddy
The rear amp powers the front and the back speakers.

Let me know what you're wanting to do and I may be able to help you out. I've explored every inch of the factory system, from the headunit to the amp, and back to the speakers. Just don't ask me about colors because I'm color blind... [:@]
Just bought a 04 monte carlo. The air conditioning compressor wont kick in or the gauges dont work and cooling fans wont come on. The lady said it all happened after her grandson cut the wires to radio. Check all fuses and put a different plug on from junk yard to radio. It comes on but still nothing works. Any ideas please?

Old 07-16-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by DeboDaddy
The rear amp powers the front and the back speakers.

Let me know what you're wanting to do and I may be able to help you out. I've explored every inch of the factory system, from the headunit to the amp, and back to the speakers. Just don't ask me about colors because I'm color blind... [:@]
I bought a aftermarket amp and speakers I know how to hook speaker to radio and factory harness my question is bypassing the factory amp so my aftermarket amp push my speakers ...I watch YouTube video and was shown the white wire that’s in factory amp harness In trunk I could cut it n run my Blue remote wire from aftermarket amp to white wires is that true ?? And if so will my amp really push my speakers louder

Quick Reply: 2002 monte carlo factory stereo