Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Straight Piped

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Straight Piped

Straight piped the SS 😎 Cats still in tho 😐 lol

Old 08-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Nice sound SOG! I wish mine sounded that good.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds good, was hoping for a few revs!

Old 08-17-2016, 08:34 AM

I saw a video a long time ago of an 06 that was straight piped. He had video from in the cab going down the road and it sounded pretty nice.

I should do that with the Camaro when I get it running and get the exhaust the way I want it.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Sounds good, was hoping for a few revs!
Haha I know I've had a few people say that. I'll put up a new one later this week with some revs

Old 08-18-2016, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
I saw a video a long time ago of an 06 that was straight piped. He had video from in the cab going down the road and it sounded pretty nice.

I should do that with the Camaro when I get it running and get the exhaust the way I want it.
Definitely would recommend it, specially if you hate your neighbors 😂 jk I love the sound I'd do it again if I had the chance to. Just make sure it isn't a daily driver. That might get a little annoying lol

Old 08-19-2016, 03:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by S.O.G.
Definitely would recommend it, specially if you hate your neighbors 😂 jk I love the sound I'd do it again if I had the chance to. Just make sure it isn't a daily driver. That might get a little annoying lol

Good point! My Monte is my daily driver except for when I need to drive my truck. My mostly open exhaust is really starting to wear on me. I am going to order a new resonator and quieter mufflers soon. The noise is fun in project car, but gets old after 90 miles a day. But, I do like the sound of your V8!

Old 08-19-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by S.O.G.

The Camaro is already straight piped from the cat back. It's actually not that loud until I really romp on it, because I kept it tucked up dumping down immediately past the axle. The body absorbs most of the noise. I do want to run true dual though. It's a toy and right now doesn't get driven. Needs the transmission put in first.

To be technical, my daily driver at the moment is a 2017 Freightliner Cascadia. Even my pickup only gets driven about once every 5-6 weeks.