Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Build: Down Pipe Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Down Pipe Installed

I just finished the ZZP down pipe install. Wow what a difference it made! My old converter was definitely getting clogged. I noticed sluggish acceleration at wide open throttle. Now this thing takes off with authority!! It makes those Magnaflow mufflers really talk back now too! I can't be any more car happy than to have Taz63 back from the body shop and to have mods go successful This thing really sounds great!

The install was not bad I soaked the bolts with PB Blaster for a spell. I wound up not breaking any bolts. I did have to use a 1/2" air impsct wrench to remove the rear bolts behind the converter. I did it with the car on jack stands but a lift would have made life easier for sure!

So far I am not getting any codes eather after 20 miles.
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Thumbnails Down Pipe Installed-img_20160409_071459417_hdr.jpg   Down Pipe Installed-img_20160409_073116215_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by GTHSS; 04-09-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:55 PM

nice bro!!! I'm sure that sucker sounds like a beast

Old 04-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

did you have to put a emulator in for the back o2 sensor? and am i the only one who got one of these and they didnt put the zzp stamp on it? lol i wish mines looked like that, now its all rusted....still functional tho

Old 04-11-2016, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member

No, I did not have to put the emulator sensor on. At least not yet. I have about 400 miles on it and no check engine message.

I am sorry yours is rusted. It must not have been a stainless steel model. They are pretty when they are new.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Default Exhaust is TOO LOUD!

Well, after 3 months and several thousand miles I am tired of the loud exhaust. It really sounds mean and turns heads... but I put 90 miles a day in it and I am tired of the noise. Maybe I am getting old.

I need advice on how to mostly silence the exhaust. Initially I had the Magnaflow mufflers added and the resonator removed. It was loud with good tone but had a significant drone. Once I added the quality ZZP downpipe and HF converter it is downright beasty sounding! If it were just a weekend toy I would not change a thing! However, since most of my daily drive is at 55 - 65 mph and I am pulling moderate hills constantly the cabin gets filled with excessive drone. Too much. My wife and daughter do not like riding in it because of the loudness. Only my son likes hearing it.!

I want to keep the high flow converter, so should I just add a resonator back or mufflers and res? I want go back with stainless mufflers even if they are quieter, the Magnaflow's I have do look good. I will probably go back to stainless round/rolled tips instead of the slants I have.

What do you all recommend?

Last edited by GTHSS; 07-04-2016 at 06:39 AM.