Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI "MEGA THREAD"!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Still find it troubling that everybody has that gap between the box and the frame, yet the pics on CAI's website clearly show there is no gap.

The gap was photo shopped out.

Either way, I don't think that gap makes a difference at all and it is a good product.

The gap is not photo shopped out, I know that for certain because I am the one who selects and uploads the photos to our website.

I will say that I have been seeing more of the "gap" lately, but I'm also still getting photos sent to me with no "gap", some have it some don't. The tolerances are tight on that system, so it doesn't take much to make a difference depending on motor mounts, how far they have the elbox/maf housing pushed on, box placement, etc. Its just one of those things where every vehicle is a little different, I think most people could close up the majority of the "gap" with a little adjusting, but as you said it is not really going to make a measureable or noticeable difference in performance.

Originally Posted by 02ssintimidator
CAI Intake is only a little cheaper for my 02 SS MC than K and N. Which one should I go with. Not much difference in the price so which is better for my car? Any opinions or suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Our system is of very high quality, has an insulated airbox to reduce heat soak, a nice powder coat finish for appearance and added durability, and is a "fan favorite" among the Monte Carlo/Impala group of enthusiasts. I am very confident that you will be very happy with our CAI should you choose it, and am here to help if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
The kit from cold air inductions is a much better functioning intake than the K&N one. Heat shielding is much better.

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your business and support!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The K&N kit is horrible. I had it on my car before I put the supercharger on and my intake temps were off the charts.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cai

Get the CAI much better mine fits perfect get lot of commets at car shows how good it looks and perform get 2-4 more mph on the road.

Attached Thumbnails Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI "MEGA THREAD"!-45.jpg  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:30 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc
The gap is not photo shopped out, I know that for certain because I am the one who selects and uploads the photos to our website.

I will say that I have been seeing more of the "gap" lately, but I'm also still getting photos sent to me with no "gap", some have it some don't. The tolerances are tight on that system, so it doesn't take much to make a difference depending on motor mounts, how far they have the elbox/maf housing pushed on, box placement, etc. Its just one of those things where every vehicle is a little different, I think most people could close up the majority of the "gap" with a little adjusting, but as you said it is not really going to make a measureable or noticeable difference in performance.

Our system is of very high quality, has an insulated airbox to reduce heat soak, a nice powder coat finish for appearance and added durability, and is a "fan favorite" among the Monte Carlo/Impala group of enthusiasts. I am very confident that you will be very happy with our CAI should you choose it, and am here to help if you have any questions.

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your business and support!

ACTUALLY Bill, the gap WAS photoshopped out. I know this because I am the guy who originally sent you the pics for the 2006 SS Cold Air Box to put up on your website in the first place. So , I already know you are the guy who uploads pics to your website. I still have emails and everything when I sent you the pics so we can cut out the stories now. You are actually a very nice guy but the fact remains that the pics were altered, probably for aesthetic purposes.

I even have the my own personal orginal pics with the gap that match up with the one on the website where there is magically no gap anymore. They could easily be matched up to your photoshopped version.

AS you can see everyone the pic on the website is laser blue engine compartment, my car:

2006 - V-8 5.3L - Monte Carlo - Chevrolet - Cold Air Intakes - Store

You can also clearly see the extra blue that was touched up, pretty bad photoshop job actually.

Again, as I said before, the product is still a good product and that gap/space whatever you want to call it wont make a difference in performance AT ALL lets be honest about that. I would still choose this product again. I have no complaints but lets not act like there was no gap in those original photos. If it was just my car I could understand the photoshop version but damn near most people had that same problem too.

Last edited by Slugger088; 03-31-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by 02ssintimidator

Old 04-01-2015, 07:41 AM

Hmmmm, well if you have the original then I must be wrong! It would make sense as to why we would have photo-shopped it, but honestly I don't recall doing it, and like I said I'm the guy who uploads them. Maybe after the fact someone here edited it and I wasn't aware, or simply don't remember. Either way, there are many that will install without the gap showing, it just depends on the vehicle, and like we already agree on, performance would not be altered. Hey, if I'm wrong I'll admit it

Back to your regular scheduled program.........

Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for acknowledging that Bill

Old 04-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Zab
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

when I type in 2005 MC SS on the CAI web-site, it takes me to part#501-0873-B that says 1998-2004. will this CAI work for my 2005 MC SS (Tony Stewart)???

Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Zab
when I type in 2005 MC SS on the CAI web-site, it takes me to part#501-0873-B that says 1998-2004. will this CAI work for my 2005 MC SS (Tony Stewart)???

If it is a 2005 with the 3.8L than yes that is the correct unit, I will change the description to show the 2005 in the title, not sure why it says 2004.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI "MEGA THREAD"!