Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): 3.4 Engine - MagnaFlow CAT

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just finally got around to installing the MagnaFlow bolt in CAT this past Sunday. I pulled the Car up on ramps and crawled under. I was surprised that it only took 20 minutes to loosen 2 nuts at the rear manifold flange and 2 bolts a the exhaust piping flange. To make sure the metal crushable o-ring would not fall out of place I applied high temp sealant in the o-ring groove. It was hard to work on laying under the car but it did go smooth. I also replaced both C02 sensors.

I had only one issue but nothing with the bolt in CAT. The lower CAT flange that mates the exhaust piping to the mufflers has a leak. My SLP 304 SS exhaust piping flange is corroded and the flange has somewhat deteriorated. I have contacted SLP to see what they will do seeing as the SLP dual exhaust has a lifetime warranty. Also I am throwing a code P0134 which is probably because of this exhaust leak.

**DTC P0134 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1

**This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. Basically the oxygen sensor is inactive. Here's why:

The powertrain control module (PCM) provides a baseline voltage of about 450 mV on the oxygen sensor signal circuit. When cold, the PCM detects the the internal resistance of the sensor is high. As the sensor warms up the resistance is lowered and it starts producing voltage based on the oxygen content in the exhaust. When the PCM determines that the time it took for the sensor to warm up is greater than one minute or that the voltage is inactive (not reading outside 391-491 mV it views the sensor as inactive or open and sets the P0134 code.

One or more of the following may occur:
  • Check engine light illumination
  • Poorly running/engine missing
  • Blowing black smoke
  • Poor fuel economy
A code P0134 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • Bad O2 (oxygen) sensor
  • Bad heater circuit in the O2 sensor
  • Wiring or connector to the sensor frayed / broken
  • Blown heater circuit fuse
  • Holes in the exhaust system
  • PCM failure
The most common fix is to replace the oxygen sensor. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of:
  • Rusted exhaust pipe
  • Inspect wiring & connector(s) for problems
  • Excessive amperage blowing heater fuse (still requires replacement of sensor but also replacement of blown fuse)
  • Replace PCM (only as last resort after all other possibilities are covered.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78
I am throwing a code P0134 which is probably because of this exhaust leak.

Turns out today I found that I have a blown fuse......... OXYGEN SENOR fuse located under the hood in the lower of the 2 fuse panels. We will see if this fixes the code.

I had another issue I was chasing and decided to check all my fuses. Glad I did because I would have never found this.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:25 PM

Notice any difference with this compared to stock? I am getting a Milzy downpipe soon. Hopefully in the future i can get some ported exhaust manifolds too

Old 10-11-2016, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Brendocee55
Notice any difference with this compared to stock? I am getting a Milzy downpipe soon. Hopefully in the future i can get some ported exhaust manifolds too
I do not remeber noticing any difference.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:29 AM

No sound or performance? Wow