General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?

Hi `Member's
With all the vehicles `2 choose from,

Why did you

Choose/purchase a
Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?

EveryBody wants to know...
Think about it, and please post your reason's

Look 4-ward 2 reading
Why you purchased a Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?

`ok, whose 1st ?

Last edited by Space; 05-16-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Thumbs up The Chevrolet Monte Carlo

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

The Chevrolet Monte Carlo traces its roots back several decades to the height of the muscle car era, when Chevy sought to entice customers with a sporty, upscale rear-drive V8 coupe that provided a balance of performance and comfort in a stylish package. From those early years -- which included big-block SS (Super Sport) editions -- the Monte Carlo evolved toward a more luxury-oriented persona, saw significant downsizing (to optimize fuel efficiency) and soldiered on as a popular rear-drive sport coupe until 1988, when it was replaced by the Lumina coupe.

Following a lengthy hiatus, the Chevy Monte Carlo emerged once again in 1995. However, by then it had been softened and saddled with a carryover front-wheel-drive platform and V6 engines that barely hinted at the performance of years gone by, but many have turned their 5th Generation
Monte Carlo's in2 higher performance Monte's.
Check out the Monte Carlo Forum to see some great Monte's from all generations.

The current-generation Chevrolet Monte Carlo coupe debuted in 2000 with more distinctive styling and updated underpinnings from the Impala sedan to better meet the needs of today's buyers.

Significant changes in 2006 helped the Monte Carlo come nearly full circle back to its original mission with sportier chassis tuning, improved driving dynamics and more power in SS models, while freshened interior and exterior styling offer a sculpted and pleasing contemporary appearance. In spite of those updates, sales remained sluggish and the Monte Carlo was gone after the 2007 model year.

Although much improved in its latter years -- including a return to available V8 power in SS trim -- . In reviews, our editors felt that the Monte Carlo was primarily a comfortable cruiser more at home in the fast lane than on twisty mountain roads, but with a few
mod's by owner's, it is much improved.

The Chevrolet Monte Carlo received a major update for the 2006 model year and it remained a midsize two-door coupe that came in three trim levels: the base but reasonably well-equipped LS, the more upscale LT and the performance-oriented SS. Under the hood of LS and LT models is a 3.5-liter V6 with 211 horsepower, while the SS boasts a responsive 5.3-liter V8 with a Poweful 303 hp. +

Impressive numbers, yes.
Overall, this version of the Chevy Monte Carlo, which only lasted through '07, was a spacious sport coupe that offered buyers a reasonably good comfort/performance trade-off for a relatively low sticker price. quick in a straight line, is the V8-equipped Monte Carlo SS,
but once you adapt to the Power of a FWD, it can handle with the abilities of a competent
driver. You really must drive one to enjoy it's refined power & torque.

Past Chevrolet Monte Carlo Models
Used-car shoppers interested in a late-model Monte Carlo will likely encounter the previous-generation model, which was available from the 2000-'05 model years.

Based on the then-new Impala platform and wearing fresh, distinctive sheet metal with heritage styling cues, the Monte Carlo was originally offered as an LS with a 3.4-liter V6 engine making 180 hp, or an SS with a 200-hp 3.8-liter V6. A driver side airbag -- as well as traction control and OnStar on SS models -- was added as standard safety equipment in 2001, and all models received four-wheel disc brakes, traction control and remote keyless entry in 2003. In a bid to boost its performance image, Chevrolet added a 240-hp supercharged engine option for the SS in 2004.

Previous to this model, there was the Lumina-based Monte Carlo, which became available for the 1995 model year in LS or Z34 sport trim levels. Those wishing to hit the fast lane are advised to stick with the 210-hp 3.4-liter twincam V6 in the Z34. Detail improvements carried the Monte Carlo through the next several years, though only the most eagle-eyed used-car shoppers are likely to appreciate the differences.

SELECT A SPECIFIC CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO MODEL YEAR*

* Edmunds.com maintains vehicle data as far back as 1990.
Source Edmunds.com

LATEST VALUES & DEALS

"Posted 4 the Luv of the Monte Carlo"

Attached Thumbnails Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?-chevrolet_07montecarloss_angularfront_regular.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:11 AM

my reason was... it was either between a charger or monte carlo. these two cars were the only two cars i wanted because it was my first car(period) and i was making my first steps of a car payment. i could of done a charger for what im paying for this car, but just went to a chevy dealer and sat down. the dealer was a shady dealer and i didnt know at the time, but they wanted me to have an 05 monte ls with no spoiler but hooked up with everything that would make me happy. they ran some numbers and told the dealer they wanted me in a newer car! they showed me this car which was the real monte i wanted besides the ss. i didnt really like the color at first, but it really grew on me. it had everything i wanted except sunroom(leather,dual pipes,spoiler, everything) now she is mine and trying to do right by her! i still wanted a charger rt but i really do love my monte!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 AM

space whats your reason?!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Thumbs up 4 the luv of the Monte Carlo : )

Originally Posted by sonin66
space whats your reason?!

Hi `Chris,
I just love cars, and
My reasons for buying, & loving the Monte Carlo
are many.
I've owned two: a 2005 Superior Blue LT w/3.8,
and a 2006 Super-White LT3 3.9L 242 HP.
(had 2 sell 2 pay 4 college)

The Monte Carlo's to me are
super touring coupe's, with decent power that
can seat 5 people/friends in comfort.

The 3.8L have proven to be bullet-proof power plants
that `if maintained, will last 4-ever.

The 3.9L is a new powerful V-6 with VVT, that
has super power, and still great MPG on regular fuel.

The new 5.3L is a Super new Powerful V8 for FWD

Prior v-6's & V8 are unlimited to the owners imagination,
and funds 4 more `fun

They handle decent for their size, & weight, and
are safe to drive/travel on your highways of life.

I think for the price, the Monte is one of the best
bangs for the $.

I also love the wind tunnel designed style of the later generations. They are very unique,
and are way different then the rest of the rides on the road.
4-Double $ure

I really like all generation Monte Carlo's, and presently I
am searching/saving for a 4th Gen Monte.
I really want a RWD with a Crate (350 c.i.)
That is my present `dream.

I could fill these pages with my reasons `why,
but I want to leave some room on the forum
for other members to tell their reasons `why ?

Attached Thumbnails Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?-%40.jpg   Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?-5.3lturbo.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:11 AM

i never had a chevy. i wanted one, and i didnt see many montes around the area so i figured it would be the best bet. so far i love it. i try an go the length an replace EVERYTHING when money allows

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i bought mine because i just fell in love with it just by looking at photos of it on the lot online. once i got to the dealership (finally after wiping drool off my keyboard for like a month) it was even sexier than i thought. i loved everything about it, especially the tony stewart package. it was always assumed by my friends and family (and even myself for a while) that i would buy a mustang when i bought a new car, but there are just too many of them around here and i didn't want to blend in, i wanted to stand out!!! plus the monte had wayyyy more options for the $$ than the 'stangs i was looking at in the same price range. when i drive around in this car people stare and are always asking me about it. even when it's just sitting in front of my office some people slow down as they are driving by to stare at it. (some of them are just lost, though, hahaha.)

Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I've just always been drawn to Monte Carlos. It's the only "car" that I really like enough to own otherwise it'd have to be a truck.
I just love the lines, it's sporty yet classy.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Nascar fan thats why. #24

Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My parents always ALWAYS owned chevy's. I grew up around some really nice old muscle cars. My mom's dream car was ALWAYS a Monte Carlo. She grew up driving an old malibu and nova, but never got her Monte.

When they redesigned them in 2000, we already owned a 95 Lumina, (so basically she owned a 5th gen monte, but in a family style 4-door)

Since my sister and I were grown up, my mom decided to finally get her dream car. I knew after she paid it off I was going to get the car back in 2000, so she let me customize it from the factory. Then we bought it.

Now I have my 2000 SS and she decided to get another Monte, her 2006 white SS. (she doesn't want to give that one away ever)

Quick Reply: Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?