General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why did you ?

[align=center]Hi MCF Members,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]With all the choices in the automotive market[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Why didyou purchase a[/align][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Look forward to reading your post.[/align][align=center]Thanks for being a active contributing member to[/align][align=center]the Monte Carlo Family Forum[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/C2890A695D0146AE89FD777FC72FBD32.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/9C922A941DBC44F580E44623543B1E32.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Why did you ? Yes, You !!!!

i looked at mustangs, camaro's, firebirds... i wanted a sporty car with plenty of room inside, and a nice looking car. the monte carlo is one of the greatest looking rides on the road, and nothing else on the road looks like it. monte carlos' are monte carlo's, no mistakes about it. i'm also that guy who has to be different, and not many people own a monte carlo (i had the only one of that body style in the parking lot, there were 2 06-07's and 2 96-99's). plus, its sporty, luxurious, great buy for the price compared to other vehicles.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM

[align=center]Thanks `Duane Cowboy, for your review/post [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Why I want another Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center](I have owned (2) Monte`s a 05LT Superior Blue,[/align][align=center]and a 06LT3 `White.)[/align][align=center]The 05 was a super Monte with the bulletproof 3.8L,[/align][align=center]and super dash/gauge pkg.[/align][align=center]The 06 was a revision of the 05, but the 3.9L 242 HP[/align][align=center]with VVT is a scream`in Engine 4 Sure for a V-6.[/align][align=center]I sold it for way above book, but really, really miss `it.[/align][align=center]I am in search of another one.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT Coupe
[align=center][/align]
The Chevrolet Monte Carlo traces its roots back several decades to the height of the muscle car era, when Chevy sought to entice customers with a sporty, upscale rear-drive V8 coupe that provided a balance of performance and comfort in a stylish package. From those early years which included big-block SS (Super Sport) editions the Monte Carlo evolved toward a more luxury-oriented persona, saw significant downsizing (to optimize fuel efficiency) and soldiered on as a popular rear-drive sport coupe until 1988, when it was replaced by the Lumina coupe.
[align=center]Following a lengthy hiatus, the Chevy Monte Carlo emerged once again in 1995. However, by then it had been softened and saddled with a carryover front-wheel-drive platform and V6 engines that barely hinted at the performance of years gone by. It was, in essence, a Lumina coupe.[/align][align=center]The current-generation Chevrolet Monte Carlo coupe debuted in 2000 with more distinctive styling and updated underpinnings from the Impala sedan to better meet the needs of today's buyers. Significant changes in 2006 helped the Monte Carlo come nearly full circle back to its original mission with sportier chassis tuning, improved driving dynamics and more power in SS models, while freshened interior and exterior styling offer a sculpted and pleasing contemporary appearance. In spite of those updates, sales remained sluggish and the Monte Carlo was gone after the 2007 model year. [/align][align=center]Although much improved in its latter years including a return to available V8 power in SS trim In reviews, our editors felt that the Monte Carlo was primarily a comfortable cruiser more at home in the fast lane than on twisty mountain roads. Most Recent Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]The Chevrolet Monte Carlo received a major update for the 2006 model year and it remained a midsize two-door coupe that came in three trim levels: the base but reasonably well-equipped LS, the more upscale LT and the performance-oriented SS. Under the hood of LS and LT models is a 3.5-liter V6 with 211 horsepower, while the SS boasts a responsive 5.3-liter V8 with 303 hp. Impressive numbers, yes. But they would've been even better if they powered the rear wheels like Monte Carlos of years ago, especially in the case of the SS. [/align][align=center]Overall, this version of the Chevy Monte Carlo, which only lasted through '07, was a spacious sport coupe that offered buyers a reasonably good comfort/performance trade-off for a relatively low sticker price. Although Super/Super quick in a straight line, the V8-equipped Monte Carlo SS suffers from a nose-heavy feel. [/align][align=center]Past Chevrolet Monte Carlo Models[/align][align=center]Used-car shoppers interested in a late-model Monte Carlo will likely encounter the previous-generation model, which was available from the 2000-'05 model years. Based on the then-new Impala platform and wearing fresh, distinctive (some said ugly) sheet metal with heritage styling cues, the Monte Carlo was originally offered as an LS with a 3.4-liter V6 engine making 180 hp, or an SS with a 200-hp 3.8-liter V6. A driver side airbag as well as traction control and OnStar on SS models was added as standard safety equipment in 2001, and all models received four-wheel disc brakes, traction control and remote keyless entry in 2003. In a bid to boost its performance image, Chevrolet added a 240-hp supercharged engine option for the SS in 2004.[/align][align=center]Previous to this model, there was the Lumina-based Monte Carlo, which became available for the 1995 model year in LS or Z34 sport trim levels. Those wishing to hit the fast lane are advised to stick with the 210-hp 3.4-liter twincam V6 in the Z34. Detail improvements carried the Monte Carlo through the next several years, though only the most eagle-eyed used-car shoppers are likely to appreciate the differences.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

SELECT A SPECIFIC CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO MODEL YEAR*
[align=center]

Year
TMV Price (What's this?)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$15,324 - $19,937

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$11,933 - $16,845

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$10,028 - $14,410

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$8,998 - $12,670

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$7,131 - $9,772

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$6,271 - $8,294

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$5,492 - $6,625

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$4,568 - $5,561

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$3,538 - $3,687

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$2,776 - $3,189

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$2,478 - $2,869

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$2,245 - $2,628

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$1,851 - $2,134[/align]
* Edmunds.com maintains vehicle data as far back as 1990.
Source from Edmunds.com
[align=center][/align]

CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO REVIEWS & PICTURES

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews
[*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Pictures[/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]MORE ON THE CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
LATEST VALUES & DEALS [/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo True Market Value Pricing[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Appraise Your Car[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo True Cost to Own[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Certified Program[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Vehicle History Report[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Payment Calculator[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Resale Values[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]INSIDE LINE[/align][align=center][/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Road Tests[/align][align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]See Members' Chevrolet Monte Carlo Picture Galleries[/align][/ul]

Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Honestly, i wanted another G-P, but the SS was extremely clean, low miles and certianly priced right. My aunt made me a price i could not refuse.

I certianly dont regret my decision, but i will admit to a time or two wishing it was a G-P.

Now that i have the gmpp kit on it, and the windows tinted how i like, i enjoy the car.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:32 PM

A Monte Carlo has a very pretty body style.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: KidSpace

[align=center]Thanks `Duane Cowboy, for your review/post [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Why I want another Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center](I have owned (2) Monte`s a 05LT Superior Blue,[/align][align=center]and a 06LT3 `White.)[/align][align=center]The 05 was a super Monte with the bulletproof 3.8L,[/align][align=center]and super dash/gauge pkg.[/align][align=center]The 06 was a revision of the 05, but the 3.9L 242 HP[/align][align=center]with VVT is a scream`in Engine 4 Sure for a V-6.[/align][align=center]I sold it for way above book, but really, really miss `it.[/align][align=center]I am in search of another one.[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT Coupe [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Chevrolet Monte Carlo traces its roots back several decades to the height of the muscle car era, when Chevy sought to entice customers with a sporty, upscale rear-drive V8 coupe that provided a balance of performance and comfort in a stylish package. From those early years which included big-block SS (Super Sport) editions the Monte Carlo evolved toward a more luxury-oriented persona, saw significant downsizing (to optimize fuel efficiency) and soldiered on as a popular rear-drive sport coupe until 1988, when it was replaced by the Lumina coupe. [/align][align=center]Following a lengthy hiatus, the Chevy Monte Carlo emerged once again in 1995. However, by then it had been softened and saddled with a carryover front-wheel-drive platform and V6 engines that barely hinted at the performance of years gone by. It was, in essence, a Lumina coupe.[/align][align=center]The current-generation Chevrolet Monte Carlo coupe debuted in 2000 with more distinctive styling and updated underpinnings from the Impala sedan to better meet the needs of today's buyers. Significant changes in 2006 helped the Monte Carlo come nearly full circle back to its original mission with sportier chassis tuning, improved driving dynamics and more power in SS models, while freshened interior and exterior styling offer a sculpted and pleasing contemporary appearance. In spite of those updates, sales remained sluggish and the Monte Carlo was gone after the 2007 model year. [/align][align=center]Although much improved in its latter years including a return to available V8 power in SS trim In reviews, our editors felt that the Monte Carlo was primarily a comfortable cruiser more at home in the fast lane than on twisty mountain roads. Most Recent Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]The Chevrolet Monte Carlo received a major update for the 2006 model year and it remained a midsize two-door coupe that came in three trim levels: the base but reasonably well-equipped LS, the more upscale LT and the performance-oriented SS. Under the hood of LS and LT models is a 3.5-liter V6 with 211 horsepower, while the SS boasts a responsive 5.3-liter V8 with 303 hp. Impressive numbers, yes. But they would've been even better if they powered the rear wheels like Monte Carlos of years ago, especially in the case of the SS. [/align][align=center]Overall, this version of the Chevy Monte Carlo, which only lasted through '07, was a spacious sport coupe that offered buyers a reasonably good comfort/performance trade-off for a relatively low sticker price. Although Super/Super quick in a straight line, the V8-equipped Monte Carlo SS suffers from a nose-heavy feel. [/align][align=center]Past Chevrolet Monte Carlo Models[/align][align=center]Used-car shoppers interested in a late-model Monte Carlo will likely encounter the previous-generation model, which was available from the 2000-'05 model years. Based on the then-new Impala platform and wearing fresh, distinctive (some said ugly) sheet metal with heritage styling cues, the Monte Carlo was originally offered as an LS with a 3.4-liter V6 engine making 180 hp, or an SS with a 200-hp 3.8-liter V6. A driver side airbag as well as traction control and OnStar on SS models was added as standard safety equipment in 2001, and all models received four-wheel disc brakes, traction control and remote keyless entry in 2003. In a bid to boost its performance image, Chevrolet added a 240-hp supercharged engine option for the SS in 2004.[/align][align=center]Previous to this model, there was the Lumina-based Monte Carlo, which became available for the 1995 model year in LS or Z34 sport trim levels. Those wishing to hit the fast lane are advised to stick with the 210-hp 3.4-liter twincam V6 in the Z34. Detail improvements carried the Monte Carlo through the next several years, though only the most eagle-eyed used-car shoppers are likely to appreciate the differences.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
SELECT A SPECIFIC CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO MODEL YEAR* [/align][align=center]

Year
TMV Price (What's this?)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$15,324 - $19,937

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$11,933 - $16,845

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$10,028 - $14,410

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$8,998 - $12,670

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$7,131 - $9,772

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$6,271 - $8,294

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$5,492 - $6,625

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$4,568 - $5,561

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$3,538 - $3,687

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$2,776 - $3,189

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$2,478 - $2,869

1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$2,245 - $2,628

1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
$1,851 - $2,134[/align][align=center]* Edmunds.com maintains vehicle data as far back as 1990.
Source from Edmunds.com[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO REVIEWS & PICTURES

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews [/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Pictures[/align][ul][align=center][/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]MORE ON THE CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
LATEST VALUES & DEALS [/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo True Market Value Pricing[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Appraise Your Car[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo True Cost to Own[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Certified Program[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Vehicle History Report[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Payment Calculator[/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Resale Values[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]INSIDE LINE[/align][align=center][/align][*][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo Road Tests[/align][align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]See Members' Chevrolet Monte Carlo Picture Galleries[/align][/ul]
[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=signs006.gif][sm=smiley21.gif][sm=smiley7.gif][sm=wtf.gif]

When I started car shopping I was looking for a 97-03 grand prix gtp. I soon realized that I did not have the $$$$ to afford a nice one so I started looking at grand prix GTs. During the search for a GT I found that there were supercharged monte carlos as well. Well once again I didnt have the $$$ to afford a nice one of those either. I then added an SS monte carlo N/A to my searches. I told my dad what I was looking for and he just so happened to mention it to one of his friends. That friend had a neighbor with a MC for sale. My dad told meabout it, but the year of the car was somehow lost in translation. I was told it was a 88 MC with 33000 miles. I said NO WAY! Rear wheel drive car in PA= no go for Matt. So my dad told the guy I said no because I needed something FWD. Well he said the car WAS front wheel drive. My dad came back and told me it was actually a 98 MC not an 88. So I went to look at the car and came to realize it was in fact a 97 MC Z34. Wrong again dad! I liked the car, it was clean, low miles and RED!So I went home and researched the car. I found out about the 3.4L DOHC v6 and that it actually made more HP than the 3.8, had the same transmission and the same platform. That sealed the deal. I went to test drive it the next day and bought it that night for $6000.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Race-car looks, FAST, beautiful lines, nice stance on the road, great handling car, comfy as a living room, traction control for snow, on and on and on. In May of 05 I went to our Chevy dealer to get an Impala (black), and there in the showroom was the Jeff Gordon Edition blue Monte. That was the start of the addiction. Didn't have the money for the Jeff Gordon, but they had a Black LT in stock, [sm=loveeyes.gif] and that was my first Monte.

[img]http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/KillaSS_2007/June05.jpg[img]

Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 PM

Originally we were looking for a car for my dad (Me, my younger brother, and my dad), something with good gas mileage for his 60 miles a day for work. Well we were comparing Impala's, Camry's, and Maxima's as they were all rated similar in gas mileage. I saw my car as we pulled into the dealer to look at one of their Impala's and Maxima on another lot of the same dealer. Well Dad and I both liked the looks of the Monte when we saw it, first time we had seen an '06, this was in Aug. of '06 by the way. Salesperson told us it was the same engines as the Impala's and that the 3.9 in this one was the largest engine other than the V8 SS. Dad drove the car over to the other lot with me in front and my bro and the salesdude in the back. I was instantly hooked on the dash. Looked at the Maxima, fully loaded with every option, I didn't like the interior nearly as much, I prefer the metal to wood, plus the Monte was so much slicker. Dad and I didn't like the Maxima because it had no room in it compared to the Monte. Had the guy hold the Monte for us so we could pick it up the next week, we lived about 80 miles away. When we went to get it the guy told us that several others had been interested in the car, one couple even offering 2-3k more than we did. I got to drive it home that day and drove it to school every once in a while, switching between the Monte, dad's '71 Camaro SS/RS, and our '93 Suburban. Dad told me later that the car was mine provided I took care of it, and I'd like to think that I did.

In short, similar gas mileage to supposed high mpg imports with more power and much better looks, plus it had that Gold Bowtie on the front I always tell my friends the first rule of buying a used car is to look at the grill, if it's a blue oval walk away

Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I too remember when I saw the Jeff Gordon Edition in the showroom at a local dealership and always wanted one, But I waited and then I saw the 2006 model and said wow, My cousin is a manager at a chevy dealership and I talked with him and kept trying to get a new monte but they were $25000-$30000 with taxes and everything and I knew I never wanted a high car payment so I could afford the car I would drive, Well a year later I find a blue monte carlo at my cousins dealership used and it was sold, I didn't get there in time, so within the same month he gets the white one in, I love that it had the 3.9 engine and all the inside panels are black and the car had the fog lights, Also I wanted a sporty monte and the spoiler blew me away, I told whatever you do don't sell this one unless it was to me, I got a good deal on my monte and a low intrest rate and I was satisified, I was happy that my insurance wasn't gonna kill me. Its a smooth ride and great to cruise in. I plan on keeping mine for a long time.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

It started with an '01 Impala, white, loaded, in the fall of '01. 0% interest deal. At 68,000 miles, I got left turned into while in the left lane on I-94. I got spun, went off the road, and totaled the bottom of the car, but never hit a tree. The other guy wasn't so luck. Rolled 3 times right in front of me. Back-boarded him away. I walked away.
Impala #2 was a collateral replacement on the 0% loan. It lasted less than a year, and at 69,000 miles, it got totaled. I was back-boarded that time, but walked out of the hospital the next day. The car was totally destroyed. I had a guardian angel.
These W-body cars saved my life TWICE!
After taking a beating on the 1st Impala, I figured out the procedure in dealing with AAA, and I bought the '01 Monte SS LE with 39,000 miles for $1 more than what AAA gave me. (I had purchased a '97 LeSabre for my dad, so the need for the 4 doors wasn't there anymore). I've learned to buy limited production vehicles whenever possible. I very much liked that car, and did bunches to it, but I wanted a Supercharged Monte. At 116,000, I decided to look for one.
2 1/2 years ago on Ebay, this Intimidator SS showed up. A Ford dealer in PA had it as a trade-in. 4,975 miles, and 7 months of in service. $34,000 car for $17,900, in mint condition. I was the only one bidding, and got it. I sent a friends brother to PA in a blizzard with an enclosed trailer. He had me on the cell phone, did a walk around, test drive, and handed over the check and loaded him up. Had it here the next day.
So that's the how, but why? ARE YOU KIDDING? DO I REALLY HAVE TO ANSWER THAT? This car has it all! Limited production, a COA, GREAT looks, and it now has a MAJOR stereo system, 315 HP, custom stuff everywhere!

Quick Reply: Why did you ?