General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

weather stripping

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Default weather stripping

What is a good product to use on a monte's weather stripping?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Default RE: weather stripping

Armoral is my favorite.
I love the stuff.
I use it on everything. Before a big date I put some in my hair and it makes me look years younger ... and, ... thinner; too.
Those bogus pills on late-nite TV touting how they can: "Make a certain part of your body bigger" is a load of crap.
But, if you have somebody rub a little Armoral on a certain part of your body ... you'll be floating down the river screaming: "Raise the draw bridge!"
Nurses at the old age home spray it on certain parts of real old guys ... not because those old guys have any need for male enhancement ...
It just keep them from rolling out of their beds at night!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Rick, sounds like you drank that whole case of beer you owe Mickey and I, yourself. LOL

I refuse to use Armor All on anything anymore. In my experience, it cracked everything I applied it to in/on my car.

I use this stuff I got from the parts counter at my local Chevy dealership. I forget the name they have on the label. But it's a small bottle and it's especially for weather stripping. The label is simply a GM parts label with a basic name and part# printed on it. I bought this stuff years ago when I had problems with the weather stripping on my trunk lid on a previous car. Works great.

I can't think of the name, but if you're interested, I can look at the label tomorrow. But there should be some kind of weather stripping rejuvenator available at your local auto parts store. Probably be cheaper than the GM stuff I got too.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 AM

yeah i was thinking about trying the GM product out. Do you remember how much it cost ya?

Old 03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The GM product is simply labelled, "Silicone Emulsion" The number on it is 1#992877.
It's a small plastic bottle with an applicator built into the cap. The bottle is about the same height as a tube of touch-up paint, but twice as thick.
I bought the stuff at least five years ago, and can't for the life of me remember the cost.
You may want to simply call the parts counter of a local GM dealer and just give them the info, and see what they say.

I used it mostly to keep the weatherstripping around my sunroof in good shape.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I refuse to use Armor All on anything anymore. In my experience, it cracked everything I applied it to in/on my car.

Words to live by.

It will not touch any of my cars, either.

I used to use STP Son Of A Gun. But it seems to have disappeared off the market?

Mothers & Mequiars both sell decent products if you can't locate the GM product Taz mentioned.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 PM

umm hey old man R.J. son of a gun came off the market after they were suied to replace the dashes in several cars. and they are the same as armourhell.

use the silicone stuff i beliv eyou can still get it at the lovcal auto parts store. you basically want stuff that has a silicone or oil base to it not a alchohul or anythign thing that will dry it out.
i got some stuff in GErmany and i have yet to use it all up and it was like 10.00 Euro there so might cost ya about 10-15 bucks at the dealer here. same stuff just most cant read the bottel here LOL

Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
rj
15 Year Member

umm hey old man R.J. son of a gun came off the market after they were suied to replace the dashes in several cars. and they are the same as armourhell.

Interesting information.

I just sent STP a message asking if Son Of A Gun was removed from the market or not?

I tried doing a google search on it but only came up with places that listed it in their store's inventory. Till you tried to locate it and nothing came up?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM

that was the story i wasgiven by the auto zone here.
i happen to be there when the sticker was on the shelf but nothign was in the place and made a comment about they finally got smart and took it of fthe shelf now they just need to get rid of the other crap. he was the one that said it was all made by armorhell so i was like umm ok. glad i didnt use it either.
I was pretty much sold on meguiers and mothers products afte the detailing i did it was the closest that i could find to teh stuff we used at work

Old 03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Mickey, right after I sent the message to STP a message came up saying "Thank you for contacting Clorox."

Is STP now owned by Clorox?

Quick Reply: weather stripping