General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Water Wetter

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Default Water Wetter

I've heard how good this stuff is at reducing the engine operating temperatures, is it as effective as they claim in daily drivers?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Default RE: Water Wetter

it cant hurt it but might help it. the one thing to think about with it is watch the labels on them some will requier three or more cans for your application. So make sure you read them

but i ran it in the old montecarlo and it did drop the temp 20deg. but cost me almost 40.00 to get that. LOL

Old 06-06-2005, 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

it cant hurt it but might help it. the one thing to think about with it is watch the labels on them some will requier three or more cans for your application. So make sure you read them

but i ran it in the old montecarlo and it did drop the temp 20deg. but cost me almost 40.00 to get that. LOL

dayum! If I can't get results out of one bottle, I won't even bother.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 AM

like i said make sure ya read the bottel most of them will treat so much water Ie if you have a 5 gal rad. and the bottel will treat 2.5 then you will need two.

also i over did mine a bit but i had some real heat issues with it.I was running a normal temp of 190 at idel if i started to drive it in traffic it was nothing to see it around 230. before i did that

so by the time i had gotten done i finally got it down to 190 in traffic thought i was doing good at that point LOL

but there are thing you can do besides jsut wetter to make your car runn cooler

Old 06-06-2005, 06:02 AM

but there are thing you can do besides jsut wetter to make your car runn cooler
like?

Old 06-06-2005, 06:07 AM

thrermostat change to a cooler one,
Better oil
Bigger rad
new fan thrermost to cause them to come on faster and stay on longer to get them to operate at a lower temp (had mine on a switch)
gettign coler air in to the motro and threw the engin compartment
check the timming it will also cause you to run hotter
etc etc....

Old 06-06-2005, 06:11 AM

thrermostat change to a cooler one,
Better oil
Bigger rad
new fan thrermost to cause them to come on faster and stay on longer to get them to operate at a lower temp (had mine on a switch)
gettign coler air in to the motro and threw the engin compartment
check the timming it will also cause you to run hotter
etc etc....
I was told no matter temp thermostat you get, it will only open at the temp the ecu says it should. So if stock is 192, putting in a 180 degree piece wouldn't do me any good unless I reprogrammed the ecu to match. Is that true?

Old 06-06-2005, 06:17 AM

the EC M has nothing to do with the temp the stat opens that is done by the temo of the water running threw the car not the ecm.

the termostat has a spring on it that will open at a certin heat . whenit gets hot enough it causes the spring to expand and open when it cools off it will cuse it to close again
this is how it cycels

But also drill some holes in my stats. you dont need anything big just enough to allow some water run threw there so that your whole motor will have some water running threw it all the time. This will help you in the winter also so that you dont crack a head on the car.

I blew one one time and learnd this the hard way that was when a racer i knew told me this trick it has never happend again and i feel safe but i is all up to you on that.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:19 AM

the EC M has nothing to do with the temp the stat opens that is done by the temo of the water running threw the car not the ecm.

the termostat has a spring on it that will open at a certin heat . whenit gets hot enough it causes the spring to expand and open when it cools off it will cuse it to close again
this is how it cycels

But also drill some holes in my stats. you dont need anything big just enough to allow some water run threw there so that your whole motor will have some water running threw it all the time. This will help you in the winter also so that you dont crack a head on the car.

I blew one one time and learnd this the hard way that was when a racer i knew told me this trick it has never happend again and i feel safe but i is all up to you on that.

so maybe I should replace it w/a 180 degree piece, it's only $10

Old 06-06-2005, 06:28 AM

i think if i was goign to do it and i had a 180 now i would go with a 140 in it.

just in the winter it will be longer to get warm air out of it.

But you can always change to a warmere Sat in the winter also

Quick Reply: Water Wetter