General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SS Hood paint ideas?

Old 02-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default SS Hood paint ideas?

Im trying to get some good ideas about what to do with my SS hood i have on my monte. I've been wanting to paint it or add something around the scoop, paint the scoop, something but cant come up with any ideas really. The only thing i've come up with is paint the scoop red along with the side skirts and rear bumper trim. anyone be able to make a photoshop of that from one of my pics??? im not good with photoshop

thanks for any suggestions or help!

Old 02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Default RE: SS Hood paint ideas?

i wouldnt paint the whole scoop red but the lines up the side sarting at the tips. then get some factory SS emblems and put them on the sides of the scoop and you have something cool. but then id paint some more stuff red. such as the lower lips of the bumpers, the rockers, the grilles the emblems. etc.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was thinking a red pinstripe running the full length of the scoop; on both sides of the scoop. Just to start with.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

Hmm, i do kinda like the paint on the sides of the scoop, i think that'd look nice. Im trying to picture the red pinstriping running the full length of the scoop on the sides i think that'd look pretty nice too just cant vision it fully

good ideas guys, anything else you can think of?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I would only add stripes. I do not think a fully painted scoop would look nice.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I do mine, I wanna get the SS emblem on the side and paint the mesh screen red.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

i almost did the mesh red, but decided i wanted to look more steath. Im debating on having SS stenciled on the mesh screen in red lettering to match "boSS" on the sides of the car to replace the "monte carlo ss" badging. all gonna be freehand painted on. Im thinking im going to run the sides of the scoop in red.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Red paint on the hood is going to be more dramatic. Pinstripe will be more subtle. So it depends on the look you're after?

Putting the "SS" emblems on the scoop will make detailing the car a bit harder. Cause now you'll have to use something like a Q-tip to clean around the edges of the emblems.

I'm not saying don't use them. But be prepared to spend a little more time detailing the car.

I have a '71 cowl induction scopp from a Chevelle on the hood of one of my '57s. It has the "Cowl Induction" scripts on both sides of the scoop. Dirt loves to collect against the scripts making the scoop look dirty in these two areas.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

UPDATE:

Talked to the guy who will be painting the stripes. We are going to do two dark red painted lines running the length of the hoodscoop on both sides, and he told me that if we just did that, it wont really match with anything on the car. So he suggested that i use the same color and highlight the body indents that run the front and rear fenders on both sides. Thought that would be good looking! He is also working on a few ideas of his own for the "boSS" logo i want to replace the factory badging on the sides. I think i want them put on the front of the door as opposed to the front of the rear quarter panel. Its going to look great. He is going to do all the work for somewhere around 400. Been in business for 25+ years.

Thanks for all the input guys, it really helps when you cant figure out what would look good!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:33 PM

A little OT but i'm in the market for a new hood. Where did you get yours?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SS Hood paint ideas?