General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SS badges

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Default SS badges

ok so im tired of getting no respectlol, my car is anSS and no one can tell because the previous owner de-badged it

i want to put the new style SS badges on, the white ones with the chrome trim, like the cobalt, malibu, impala, and 06+monte have, but i was just curious of some other peoples opinions

i was thinking of putting one of the trunk and one on each door, i already have the one for the trunk from the impala i think

i was wondering if there is any difference between the badges on the different cars and which ones i should use

Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Default RE: SS badges

No, I think the SS part is the same for them all. I don't have an SS so I can't really compare.

I think it's an awesome idea as it was already an SS, me I couldn't do so 'cause mine never was a SS even though I've been asked if it is.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:35 PM

thats what im doing to mine.i debaged my MONTE CARLO SS .....and im using my cobalt SS'S on my car

Old 01-17-2009, 05:48 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just an idea here, but what about some custom designed vinyl badges for your car?

You can find companies on the net that will do the badges for you. They have different fontes posted on their web sites you could pick and choose the one you like the best.

I was driving my dad to work one morning about 10 years ago. We went past a gas station where a guy in a 1980s Monte was trying to pull out on to the street. He had custom made "SS" badges on is doors. I know Cobra is generally connected with Stangs. His custom "SS" badges had cobra heads on the top of the Ss. I still remember this car today.

Like I said. Just an idea.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM

its a very good idea...
but would you want a cobra on a chevy? lol
maybe something else coming from the SS's .i know you said its an idea by starting with cobra's

to me vinyl on a car looks cheap .not stripes but badges the badge makes it more stock then stickers?

but it is a good idea for someone else that would like it

Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 PM

they are different from some cars to others. the trailblazers are much bigger than the cobalts. but the tbs are the same as the ones on the doors of the mc while the trunk emblem is smaller. so you would have to look b4 you buy. id say put them in the respective places to the 06 with the same sizes. if you want i can see if i can get some part numbers from work on tuesday.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 AM

im not really into the vinyl idea, just not my style i guess

i hope i bought the right size for the trunk lol....but i think im gonna do the same as the 06-07 SS as far as placement goes, still not sure on the size very confused lol

i had another idea tho, seeing as how my car is black, what would you say about painting the inside of the badges black, so there would just be the chrome outline of the SS? any thoughts?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

get a reflective overlays from www.reflectiveconcepts.com

Old 01-18-2009, 06:37 PM

thats what i did heck out my photo bucket
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/minisz618/the pics for it are on the third page

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM

you know, i think it would be easier to just buy your car...you have already done everything i want to do lol

but anyway, did you paint them? or put an overlay on them? the ss and the bowtie

Quick Reply: SS badges