General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Somebody hit my Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Default Somebody hit my Monte!

I was enjoying a rare day off today decided to head out of town to Erie Pa, about an hour away. did some shopping, got a bite to eat, and went to a movie (Hellboy II was the bomb ). I come out of the theater and somebody struck Monty in the back bumper. the damage is only cosmetic there is a large scrape about 4-5 inches tall 3 inches wide on the rear bumper cover below the right tail light. there was a accident report on the car under the wipers. i called the police and gave them my info, and they told me to call my insurance carrier. i did so and they will have a local claims adjuster come to my house on monday (GO PROGRESSIVE!). and when i got home there was a message on my machine from Geico (I hate these guys) from the person who hit me. they wanted me to drive my car to a body shop in Hamburg NY which is near Buffalo NY which is over an hour by the way the roads are in my part of the state. i said that is not good enough as i work nights. they will have an adjuster come to my house instead in about 5 days. so if all goes well it should be fixed by the end of the month .

*picture removed*
wide shot

*picture removed*
close up

Last edited by Dave McFly; 01-02-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Somebody hit my Monte!

Gah,atleast its not that bad.

Nice looking Monte by the way.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Sig Test

Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Sig Test

Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

OUCH!!!!!! atleast they'll come to your house.... sounds smooth so far. hope things go as smooth a you and I are hoping.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:02 PM

Same thing happened to me about a week after I bought my car. The damage looks identical, but it was a hit and run...I had to pay for it.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Sorry to hear that but at least the guilty party took responsibility.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Sorry to hear that but at least the guilty party took responsibility.
That seems to be pretty rare these days. Unfortunately.[:@]it's not too bad ( not that makes it ok in anyway) but atleast its cosmetic and they didn't hit and run.

Tj

Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 PM

That hit is one stage down from what I have, I'll post a pic later, but mine is in the same spot, but instead of trading paint, they just took a chunk of the bumper. That sucks, but hopefully you can buff it out or something cheaper than replacing it.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:49 PM

oh it is not getting replaced it will be sanded and primered and re painted at the guilty party's expense. my body guy doing the work said it should take no more than 2-3 days

Quick Reply: Somebody hit my Monte!