General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Post Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions

Hey guys! So this is a thread that explains the sixth generation Monte Carlo packages offered on the sixth generation (2000-2005) Monte Carlos that I know of. I know it’s taken me forever to get around to doing them but I did some research on the internet to make sure I had all of the information right & to figure out if I was missing any but it looked like I was not, but if you guys know of any I missed, please feel free to add to the thread =) Also all of these pics were taken from ads off cars.com and a couple others. Sorry for the bad quality of some of them

First off is the Pace Car Replicas…

The pace car editions were offered on the Monte Carlos during the years of 2000, 2001, 2002, & 2003. Each year had a specific color to go with it, and each year/color had specific features that make it unique. However, they share a vast amount of features. They include the following:
· Galaxy Silver ground effects/high sport kit
· Checkered flagging decals on fenders & doors
· TAZ decals on quarter panels & trunk lid behind the Monte Carlo script
· “Race Inspired” rear spoiler that resembles the look of the NASCAR spoiler—aka the Pace Car spoiler
· Limited Edition Plaque on trunk lid
· Monte Carlo script on the dash is replace with “Pace Car”
· Gauge cluster displays “Limited Edition” below the speedometer where it would say “Apply Brake To Shift From Park”
· 16-inch diamond-cut-cast-aluminum wheels
· Door sills that display the Monte Carlo nameplate
· Ebony interior with leather bucket seats
· Stainless-steel dual exhaust tips
· 4 colors made with a specific color designated for the year
· Limited production of each one
· Each came with a spoiler decal that stated “Team Monte Carlo” and a windshield banner that stated “Monte Carlo” but it was an owner’s option, meaning that they came in a separate box so the owner could decide if they even wanted the decals on the car. This also gave the owner the ability to pick where they wanted the decal to be. For example, instead of putting the spoiler decal on the backside of the spoiler to display with the rest of the trunk panel, some decided to place the decal on the front side of the spoiler like what was done with the true NASCAR Pace Car Monte Carlos
· Came with Certificate of Authenticity

Last edited by SpinEm_90; 05-27-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 AM

Alright first let’s start with the 2000 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car.

This Monte Carlo is Torch red with the galaxy silver high sport kit. It was the Pace Car with the greatest number produced from the factory, 2,222. It’s interior was by far the most “in your face” of all of the Pace Car interiors. The interior is two-tone with ebony (black) and red. The entire interior is decorated in ebony and red which includes the leather seats, plastic panels, steering wheel, etc. They also possess a somewhat large, red Chevy bowtie embroidered on each headrests of the front seats. This Pace Car is specifically unique because it was the only one to have a two-tone interior designed to match the base exterior color of the car. The 2001 Pace Car also shares this special feature, but it’s a little different and will be explained later. Alright well let’s get to the pictures.

This is a Pace Car that I wouldn’t mind having…

Exterior Pictures:

Interior Pictures:

Engine Bay Pictures:

Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 AM

The next Pace Car on the list is my favorite, the 2001 Pace Car Monte Carlo SS.

This Pace Car is black with the silver galaxy high sport kit. GM produced 1,300 of this one. It’s two-tone interior was also very unique too. It was two-toned exactly like the 2000 Pace Car, however, anywhere there was red on the 2000 model there is grey on the 2001. Therefore it was ebony and grey two-tone interior. It also has the Chevy bowtie embroidered headrests in grey. Now onto pictures.

Exterior Pictures:

Interior Pictures:

Engine Bay Pictures:

Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 AM

Next on the list: The 2002 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car

The 2002 Pace Car is competition yellow with a galaxy high sport kit. 1,150 were made. This is the year when I guess GM starting cutting cost because the only part that seemed to be two-toned in the car’s interior was the steering wheels & shifter. It was two-toned ebony and grey like in the 2001 Pace Car and also had Chevy bowtie embroidered headrests.

Exterior:

Interior:

Engine Bay:

Old 05-27-2011, 12:21 AM

Lastly is the 2003 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car

This Pace Car was superior blue with the galaxy silver high sport kit. There were 1,401 produced. It also had basically the same interior as the 2002 Pace Car. Not much to say anymore so on to pics!

Exterior:

Interior:

Engine Bay:

Well there they are. Hopefully I got all of my facts straight and that y’all enjoyed this thread and maybe learned some stuff from it. If anyone else has any facts or comments they want to add please do. This thread made me want these Pace Cars even more, especially the 2001 =) Thanks for checking it out! Keep an eye out for the 6th Gen NASCAR Special Edition Thread and the 6th Gen General Options Thread for they shall be coming very soon, hopefully.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Very nice thread, its crazy the 02 & 03 didnt have the two tone interior in them & they look a little funky with the grey wheel & shifter but nothin else, also the superior blue of the 03 pace car is a diff color than that of the Jeff Gordon Edition (found this out wen i repainted my car lol) & than all other cars painted that color are different than those 2

Old 05-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great work Britt! A+

Thanks for putting your time into this. Many people have asked how they can tell a real Pace Car edition from a clone. And what came in them that makes them so special.

I really think GM should've made all the pace car editions supercharged. But I guess hind site is 20/20.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 PM

Interesting. I knew nothing of this. I also love the 2001 Pace Car the best. The 2000 model was lovely until the interior... IMHO I think it was overkill on the red. But still, those are the models I would drool over.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:01 PM

Great thread, Britt.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome info!

Quick Reply: Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions