General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

should i ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Default should i ?

Alright so the time has come.. I'am really debating on trading my monte for a 2008 lancer gts... The only thing is i owe about 16k on my monte they only wanna give me 9k for it so after they add that in with the price of the lancer i'am lookin at prob close to 28k for the lancer which is going to be alot bigger car payment then i have now! I make enough to do it but is the trade really worth it my monte for the lancer?

Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Default RE: should i ?

You need to look at pros and cons.

Pro: GAS MILEAGE
Con: Loss of space
Pro: Less miles
Con: No V6 power
Pro: More warranty time
Con: Bigger Car Payment
CON: ONE WORD: RICE...LOL I'm just kidding. I like the Lancers, but I'm a Impreza fan..'specially the WRX STi.

These are only a few that I could think of because I don't know much about the Lancer GTS, so I hope I have helped!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

what year is your monte?? personally i wouldn't do it if i owed more than they're willing to give me

Old 05-12-2008, 02:33 PM

My monte is a 06... i bought it with 25k miles on it and it has about 50k on it now my last job i had to drive alot six days out of the week..... So i got another 50k for my warrenty and by the time the car hits 100k with my new job it should be paid off... And rice is def bad!!!I think some ppl in my town are getting the whole jdm and rice thing mixed up lol. And i guess for the extra money i would have to pay a month for the lancer i could just get a older ss like a 2001 or so and mess around with that! Thanks for your guys advice helped alot!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think you've got a better car than a lancer, i wouldn't do it

Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Save your money, pay off the monte. Once its payed off buy a new toy preferablyAmerican V8 or largeryou know support the economy and then use the Monte as a DD.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

I wouldnt do it, your goin up in payments, down in power, and them things get crappy mileage for bein a four banger...don't they? cuz i remember seein the sticker and sayin that my 5thGen got the same mileage. In my opinion id stick with what you got if its treating you good, or even ok for that matter.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: monte06v6

Alright so the time has come.. I'am really debating on trading my monte for a 2008 lancer gts... The only thing is i owe about 16k on my monte they only wanna give me 9k for it so after they add that in with the price of the lancer i'am lookin at prob close to 28k for the lancer which is going to be alot bigger car payment then i have now! I make enough to do it but is the trade really worth it my monte for the lancer?
Hi `Joe,
If you really want a different car, or lower miled car ?,
I sure wouldn't trade.
I would attempt to sell your Monte yourself, or have
someone take over your payments.
Then get the best price of the vehicle you want, or
get another lower miled Monte Carlo and have lower
payments.
The dealer just wants to steal your Monte, and they are
the ones that will make the profit, and you end `up
the loser.
It's your decision, Just look into your own mirror, and
ask ?, hey `Joe, what's best 4 me ? "[8D]4-Sure : )
Good Luck in whatever you decide,
from `Space

Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 PM

Yeah its a great car i'am just going to keep it and pay it off. I may buy my cousin's 92 mustang 5.0 supercharged for my toy for the summer lol!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Offering you only $9k is an insult as far as I'm concerned. I realize it's a lease and there's a lot involved with a lease. But your car is only 2 years old, and they're offering9 grand. Geez, when I traded in my 8 year old Grand Am GT last year for my Monte, the Chevy dealergave me $6k for it.

If it wasn't for the lease, I'd say sell it privately and you'll get more for it.
But I'm glad you made the right decision. The supercharged 'stang 5.0 sounds like tons of fun.

Quick Reply: should i ?