General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

For Sale Or Trade

Old 03-24-2009, 05:11 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default For Sale Or Trade

2006 Monte Carlo LTZ,
Silverstone Metallic.
3900 V6 engine.
14,515 miles.
Too many toys to mention.
Back seat never used by the owner. (front buckets hardly for that matter)
Tire still like new.
Oil changed whether it needed it or not.

Will trade for '57 Chevy in decent shape.

Think I posted this in the wrong board? Maybe................ Till you hear my monthly OnStar report said there was a problem with the car.

Keep in mind, the car always sets inside, UNDER a custom car cover.

I had numerous problems with the battery going dead till my local Chevy dealer FINALLY, and I mean FINALLY put in a new batter last fall. It's not the car's battery that there's a problem with this time. I keep it fully charged or....... I unhook the battery cables per the dealer's instructions.

Now............. OnStar says their battery is bad. But wait a minute. The dealer replaced that in 2007. How can it be bad already????????????????????

Aggrivating? Possibly.
Irritating? YES!

So tomorrow the dealer wants to see the car again. And there had better not be any charge to me cause my car IS still under the factory warranty.

So would this **** anyone else off? Replies?

Old 03-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Cool Small Prob : )

Hi R.J.
Yes, it would most likely `p me `off, but then I remember what my grandfather taught me when I was confronted
with things in life that aggravated me.
"Don't fret the small things"
I'm sure our new President would love to trade problems
with you, and also billions of other trying to
survive on our planet.
R.J., look @ `all the Positives in your `Life, and this
matter will fade away likes your batteries : )
I hope you dealer resolves the few minor/irritating problems
that you have encountered with your Very Limited Production
06 AweSome, Award Winning Monte Carlo LTZ
4-Sure.
Now, go be `Happy & EnJoy your Now,
it's a present.... :p

The `Bum's
p.s. got 2 be happy on your
Birthday this Thursday...March 26th.
"Don't Sweat the small `Stuff"

Attached Thumbnails For Sale Or Trade-101-101_ani.gif  

Last edited by Space; 03-24-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 PM

so then are you selling her? i cant tell if its sarcasm because of the problem with the battery.......... if you are i hope you sell her and are happy with the sale.... if not im sorry for the battery...... mayby you should drive her more

Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I've never owned a car as new as this cae was then I bought it. (A 2006 in 2006)

I did buy a 1977 Dodge Diplomat in 1979 as my very first car with a car payment. Got it for $3,500 and 48,000 miles on it.

But it's very annoying to keep having to deal with battery problems with this car.

Okay the OnStar battery is a stand alone battery not connected with the car or it's charging system from what I can tell. But this will be the second time I've had to take the car in to have their battery replaced. This means more miles on the car driving back n forth to the dealership for yet another battery problem.

Last time I checked the owner's manual with my car, it doesn't state anywhere in there I must actually drive the car any or at any intervals? So the fact my car sets a lot should not be an issue.

I do know I will get this resolved before next wednesday. Because next month my factory warranty runs out.

The car isn't going in today though. It's raining.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Arrow Battery Storage : )

Hi R.J.,
I hope the below information will assist you on
Battery `Life & more.
I sure hope that your dealer will be able to correct
your issues. Happy Early Birthday!
Don't Stress & EnJoy your Now
from the `Bum's

Battery Storage FAQ Thus, to maintain maximum reliability, batteries should be boost charged once every 12 ... If a battery is stored for a prolonged time connected to a load, .... The same applies to a battery-operated emergency light in the car's trunk. ...
www.powerstream.com/Storage.htm - 49k - Similar pages
<LI about="r16">Car battery: Information from Answers.com Mar 4, 2008 ... The noun car battery has one meaning: Meaning #1 : a lead-acid storage. ... lead -acid batteries stored with electrolyte slowly deteriorate. ... that temperature can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts ...
www.answers.com/topic/car-battery-1 - 81k - Similar pages
http://www.answers.com/topic/car-battery-1
<LI about="r17">Car Battery Information A wet car battery is ‘alive’. Whether it is in service or in storage it has a finite life span. If stored in a wet (filled) condition all batteries will ...
www.carbatteryshop.co.uk/carbatteryinformation.p... - 18k - Similar pages
http://www.carbatteryshop.co.uk/carb...nformation.php
<LI about="r18">[PDF]RediPulse Keeps Stored Vintage Car Batteries In ... they sit in storage. RediPulse Keeps. Stored Vintage. Car Batteries In. Peak Condition. Page 2. Visit this local .... maintain the batteries. ...
www.pulsetech.net/about/pulsetalk/2003/PTALK70103.PDF - Similar pages
http://www.pulsetech.net/about/pulse...PTALK70103.PDF
<LI about="r19">Car battery installation and maintenance

Last edited by Space; 03-25-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: 2 Charge Up R.J's Batteries : )
Old 03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is definitely something with the 7th gens and batteries. I remember a number of people complaining about the battery in their 7th gen.

I'm sure you're familiar with them RJ, but with all the cars you have, I would invest in a couple Battery Tenders.

http://www.batterytender.com/

With all the battery problems, is their any wonder why people are less than enthusiastic about the Chevy Volt?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Thumbs up Happy `BirthDay R.J.

March 26, 2009
Thursday

R.J.

SuperSuperSuper Member

We wish you a Super Happy Birthday,
blessed with Health/Happiness and a
fully charged Battery.
Thanks for being a major Top Ten Poster on the
Monte Carlo Family Forum.
We always enjoy your contributions, and your help
to many of our MCF Members.
Wish you many more years on your
Highways of `Life.
Happy Birthday from the Members
of the Monte Carlo Forum.

Last edited by Space; 03-26-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: 2 wish R.J. a `Happy Day : )
Old 03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I could be wrong here guys but I'm pretty sure the OnStar battey is a stand along item not connected with the car's charging system.

I could charge the car all week for that matter and never affect the OnStar battery. It would still do whatever it did?

SPACE, thank you for remembering my B-day.
RJ

Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Well, I was wrong.

The OnStar battery IS connected with the car's charging system.

First question the service manager asked me when I got there, "Have you been driving the car much?"

I left the car, per his instructions. Went back home and waited on them to call me. At 2:40 my cell phone rings, it's the mamger. "Come get your car. We don't have the parts to fix it."

They knew this before they even got the car. Cause this is exactly what happened the fist time the OnStar battery went bad. OnStar keeps a close tab on the parts they have out. They only issue new parts as needed. So a lot of spare parts aren't laying around I guess? (have they ever checked ebay for their parts? I have)

So this means then the new battery comes in, more miles on my car driving to the dealer and back. (where's that beating the dead horse icon when you need it?)

I have half a notion to say screw it. Tell them to forget the replacement battery and contact OnStar to cancel my account.

It would save me wear & tear on my car.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj

(where's that beating the dead horse icon when you need it?)
Here it is.

Feel free to save it, copy and paste it, whatever.

As for the battery tender, I meant to save your car battery from being drained constantly. But I'm sure you knew that.

I hate when the dealership service department does that. It seems to be a company policy that when you leave your car there in the morning, they don't even think about looking at it until 3:00 in the afternoon. By that time, it's too late to get a part shipped the same day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Sale Or Trade