General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

REALLY dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Default REALLY dumb question

ok so i know this is a stupid question, but i need to ask it

how can you tell the difference between and intimidator ss and just a regular supercharged ss? because my dad thinks my car is an intimidator, but i am convinced that it is not....the car was in a minor accident before i bought it, and it was de-badged and re-painted during the repair, so the only badge i have left is the shield on the front grill...and the dealer i bought it from was clueless...they didnt even have the spare set of keys to give me, never mind a certificate of authenticity or anything

another small question, how can you tell a supercharged and n/a ss apart?

sorry bout the dumb questions here...but im curious about this car now lol

Old 12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Default RE: REALLY dumb question

The intimidator should have a signature on the gauge cluster i believe.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Google is your friend

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/artic...midator_ss.asp

and the super charger is on the engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercharger

Old 12-12-2008, 12:30 PM

yeah i know how to tell the difference when the hood is popped...im not stupid

i was talking about when you see one driving by and it says ss....cuz my car is de-badged and its a total sleeper...i want to know if people can tell from looking at it if it is an ss or not

Old 12-12-2008, 02:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

usually not always the supercharged ones have an extra sportier skirts on the bottom of the car that are sometimes white like on the red montes, the silver ones are silver and most black are black but think the rest are white

Old 12-12-2008, 03:18 PM

You can tell by how fast it going.
If you are pulling ahead ... its an LS
If its door-handle to door-handle ... its an SS
If you are falling behind ... its Supercharged too.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Identifying an 04 Intimidator

Under the hood has NOTHING to do with it being an Intimidator SS. You can check out my cardomain site for info, but here is the jist of it:
The COA:

The matching pair of front headrests:

The side emblems:

Rear emblems defining the car as a "Monte Carlo Intimidator SS":

The Intimidator door sill plates:

The "Dale Earnhardt" signature in the center of the speedometer overlay:

And last but not least, and sorry for the poor pic, but the Intimidator emblem in the passenger side of the dash:

And something that the customer could put on was the white "Intimidator" vinyl on the top of the windshield. I believe they came with the COA. I do not have one. All I have seen were loaded with all options, but only about 1 in 10 has the drivers side impact air bag, which I have.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:49 AM
Default RE: Identifying an 04 Intimidator

All I have seen were loaded with all options, but only about 1 in 10 has the drivers side impact air bag, which I have.
Oddly enough mine came with the side impact bag too. I noticed it right away when I stepped in after buying the car. I didn't realize that was a rare option.
I think the only thing that I can think of that I didn't get is the disc changer in the trunk.....

So, two more questions for you.....

1. Do you know where to find a list of options that were available for the Intimidator edition in 04? I've been searching online, but can't find anything close.

2. How do the XM subscriptions work in the cars? Mine was still recieving an xm signal, but I'm pretty sure that I bought it two days after it was traded in. Wasn't even on the lot yet. If the PO was paying for xm, then it probably went out at the beginning of december. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna see my monte until friday at the earliest. So, am I going to have to renew an subscription if I want xm or is it just going to always pick up xm from now on?
-Riggs.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Somewhere I have a brochure, and an Intimidator sales flyer. I'm still looking for them.

XM and Sirius radio have JUST fully merged, and so far, this is a good thing. Expanded programming, and with Sirius having better programming in music, XM gained dramatically! There is now options for what you want to listen to, and different prices for the levels of options you get. I still prefer Sirius, cuz NASCAR is on Sirius, and Indy cars on XM. I have both in my car, but only Sirius is active.

Go to xmradio.com for more info, and to register your tuner. You will need the tuner ID# from your radio, which is displayed on one of the info channels on XM.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:25 PM

yeah the under the hood thing wasnt about the intimidator...that was about just regular SS's

and i get the feeling you didnt read my original post because isaid that my car has no badges on it, and i didnt get a COA...but the headrests, speedo, and door sills helped thanks....now i can prove to my dad that im right

if it matters...my car also has the drivers side impact air bag